Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bridesmaids Got Their Dresses!

Today was busy just like yesterday.  Drove through a down pour to go to the grocery store.  Two thumbs-ups for Heinens in Middleburg Hts.  They have a woman with cerebral palsy that works for them sweeping up the floor in the produce area.
  She was very concerned today about the rain.  She kept stopping her work to look at the rain and warn people to be careful.

Pat Catan's in Strongsville had a young woman bagging orders after they were rung up.  She even called a woman back when she forgot one of her bags.  I love to see businesses providing jobs to these special people.

Tonight Sarah got her dress but couldn't find it in turquoise so she went with teal.  We will have to exchange the ribbon we got for teal.  I guess turquoise dresses were very hard to find.

Tonight special friends Maryanne and Chuck came over.  We usually do Bible Study together but today Maryanne helped me make the bouquets and the boutonnieres.  Take a peek.
 We will add ribbon sleeves to the bouquets then work on the bride's bouquet and the corsages.  I got my SU order today and didn't even have time to play!  That's just not right! I hope I can play tomorrow.

I got the new envelope maker from SU.  I wasn't going to do it but then reasoned that I could make any size envy and could use of my designer paper faster that way!  I thought it was great reasoning! LOL

I got a kick out of my work email today.  A lady from Teaching and Learning sent me an email to ask what grade level I'd be attending for the math workshop since she hadn't heard from me.  I told her nicely that I had retired. :) oops!  One hand doesn't know what the other is doing? hmmmmmmm

It seems surreal that I'm not at work now.  Today was the student's first day of school.  Unfortunately it was hot and so humid!  It's supposed to be like that all week.  What a crummy first week for the students and teachers.

Today at Pat Catan's a woman saw the name on my credit card and asked if I did the Card Ministry.  I said yes and she said she heard I wasn't doing it anymore.  Wow, how did she know?  I told her it was aging parents that will be keeping me busy.  With parent needs I can't have Card Ministry to prepare for each month.  I did it for 6 years now someone else will take it over.

Blessing of the Day: Sarah got her dress and we got most of the flowers done.  We also got a minister!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...