Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday Already and the Gifts Ordered Begin to Roll In

I can't believe that it's Thursday already.  I've had a busy week.  Sarah and I have done some shopping for Christmas.  We've also done some outdoor lighting shopping.  Today we got some lights for the bushes.  Tim and I got ours out Tuesday and found that out of 12 we had 7 good sets.  So Sarah and I got more.  After we got those put on and plugged in, one set decided to partially go out.  UGH!  Today Sarah and I went out again to get a few more lights.  We couldn't find a light up nativity so we got a pretty white angel with a trumpet.  We put her together and anchored her into the ground with 4 metal stakes.  Sarah said she had to have a name and named her Nora.  So Nora, the angel is right outside my window.  Did you know that she has twinkle lights?
 Our house has the type of lights that go over the bushes, which is so easy to use.  Sarah asked if we could put lights on the light post, so we told her she could be the one to do that.  I think it looks very pretty.
This is the card I made for Tuesday's color challenge on SCS.  The colors were daffodil, wasabi and gold.
 This cute reindeer was stamped at Jan's house last Saturday.  This was for the sketch challenge on SCS Wednesday.  It is for my brother-in-law whose birthday is tomorrow.  Happy Birthday Allen!
 Isn't this the cutest idea?  Archivers had this in their store ad.  I'm going to try to make some of these for Christmas.
 I saw this on FB and really liked it.  With all the stuff that goes on this time of year with people being offended, by so many things, I had to post this.  People need to grow up, get tougher skin and ignore what they don't like, like I do when they complain!!  I am offended by them saying they are offended!  Does that count for anything?
 This cutey-pie was made for Monday's technique lovers challenge.  You had to mix embossing powder with glitter.  I added red stickles to make his body really sparkle.
Today when I volunteered with first graders, one came to me crying because the new pencil eraser that she got broke when she put it on her pencil.  She had chewed and smashed the once round eraser end of the pencil flat.  With it being flat, it was too big for the eraser top she added.  The metal ripped the eraser.  I had to try to scotch tape it back together to stop the tears.  Remember these types of problems?   I don't either.  However, I know I had them.  I'd trade this for any of the difficulties I've dealt with today wouldn't you?  LOL


Blessing of the Day: Sarah and I shopped together and had a great time.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 21, 2024

  For Today Tuesday, May 21, 2024   Looking out my window it's a sunny but cool day here in North east Ohio. It has rained on and off...