Sunday, January 12, 2014

Is It Really Sunday?

I can't believe it's Sunday already!  Where has this week gone?  Thursday morning we all go up at 5:30 a.m. to get Ben and Rachel to the airport.  Getting up at 5:30 a.m. is difficult enough, then to have to drop off loved ones to go home is even harder.  I did very well, I didn't cry until I got home!
I know they were more than ready to go home.  They were supposed to go home Monday but with the below zero temps. flights were cancelled until Thursday a.m.  I know what it's like to want to get back into a routine and have things return to normal.

Ben and Rachel will begin classes tomorrow!  Yea!  They are ready to work and get into a studying routine for missions.  Finally they will be learning what's needed to go to Africa.

Thursday and Friday I volunteer at the Christian Academy my kids went to.  I help in my friend, Emily's first grade class.  Thursday I  was able to take home learning centers to organize, (I love to organize! LOL) and label then made a spreadsheet for her reading and math centers.  She wants to eventually put the learning centers in the order of her math and reading curriculum.    I spent 4 hours doing all of this Thursday evening.

Friday flew by.  I helped out at the Academy and got some work done around here.  Friday evening Sarah and I watched a dvd, the continuation of Anne of Green Gables.  Netflix didn't have the beginning available yet, so we started with the end! LOL

Saturday I did some things around here, picked up a library book called, The Longest Ride by Nicolas Sparks, and watched the conclusion of the dvd Sarah and I started on Friday.

Here are some cards I've made in the last two days.  This first card is for the Featured Stamper.  To honor Rebecca this week I used this card from her gallery as my inspiration.  

I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. I colored and fussy cut two flowers. I put dimensionals on the top flower and put it on the bottom flower. I added MS leaves and a pearl. The blue papers were sponged with navy ink. The sheet music was sponged with tea dye distress ink.

 I chose this card of Sandie's as my inspiration. 

I had been working with Retro Fresh design paper from SU and decided to use some of those colors in the inks. I wanted to include a strip of the paper which had squares on it, so I sponged the colors to be more square like than blended. I changed the base color to tangerine to made the other colors pop. Then I angled the image panel to see more of the designer paper. Clean and Simple is difficult for me. LOL Thanks Sandie for a great sample! Enjoy your week as Queen!


My next card was for the Inspiration Chalelnge.   When I saw this image, porcelain flower votive
I thought of snow. When I thought of snow I thought of how I love to see Spring flowers coming up through the snow. So I made a crocus shaker card with micro beads as the snow. I colored in Copic markers and cut out with nestabilities. Next I embossed with Anna Griffen Roses embossing folder. Then I added the acetate to the back of the frame. Then I added the foam around the bottom edge of the card and added the micro beads.
Isn't this the most beautiful winter scene?  I love cardinals and this one is so vibrant against the snowy trees.  So peaceful and calm.
I'm going to stamp with Jan today.  I love to stamp with other people.  It  gives me lots of ideas for when I come home!

Here is a new song from Jonathan Thulin called Architecture.

Blessing of the Day: Watching Christian videos and stamping with Jan.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...