Monday, January 27, 2014

Snow and Freezing Below Zero Weather

What a day we had here today.  We had a lot of snow, so much that we had to clear the driveway again.  Tim called plowz, and someone came and within 5 minutes it was done! :)
School was called off today for many school districts.  Here in North Royalton, however, they had to go to school.  The temps were in the minus column so I'm not sure why kids went to school.

In Parma, they are off tomorrow.  That is their 5th snow Day.  The governor of Ohio is trying to get a few more days for schools since this winter has been so cold and snowy.  These days are called calamity days.  Typically 5 days is plenty.  This year has been awful so hopefully the governor will get his way and a few days will be added for just this year.  If that doesn't happen, districts that are over 5 days will add days in June.  Who wants to add days in June?  In our district there is no air conditioning in most of the schools.

Sarah and I had to cancel dr. appts. today.  The roads were horrible and we couldn't get out of the driveway until it was plowed anyway.
Today I made a couple of cards for challenges.  Take a look.  The top card was made for the technique lovers challenge where you had to make your own stamp.  I ran fun foam through the cuttlebug with this framelits die and got textured foam hearts that I stamped on an oval.  Then I added a larger oval and put this on the ornate heart embossed white cardstock.

This card was for today's Clean And Simple challenge which was a color challenge.  A color pallet of pinks and browns were given so I used the same stamps that I made for this card.  I stamped on white cardstock then cut the hearts out and added them with dimensionals to this card. 
Tonight Tim and Sarah went to a 3D movie called Nuts, or something like that.  They were the only ones in the theatre!  Tim said it wasn't a very good movie.  Then they went to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner.  He said it wasn't the healthiest of meals, but he did okay.

Here's a song I heard on the radio today called, You're Not Alone by Marie Miller.  Give it a listen.

Blessing of the Day:I got some birthday cards made and sent.  Tim and Sarah had a great time with Brianna.
Tomorrow is my brother, John's birthday.
Thanks for stopping,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...