Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Snow-filled Quiet Day Almost

Today was one of those days where the local weathermen said we'd get 8-10 inches of snow.  Many teachers and students hoped for a snow day.  They, however didn't get it.  The steady fall of snow predicted didn't happen; not until all the teachers and students were IN school.  We had drifting and blowing snow which really affected the drive home for all. You complain to everyone you see about your drive to school and what it will be like on the drive home.  It's a stressful day, before, during and after school.

Tim called the guy to come plow the drive way and at 2:45 they said they were on their way.  Tim got home at 3:30 and they still hadn't shown up.  He got stuck in the driveway and had to shovel a portion near the garage.  Just as he pulled into the garage, guess who shows up!!!  Yup, the driver to plow the driveway.  Tim said if that happens again he's going to go to McDonalds for a cup of coffee and have me text him when the driveway is done.

This was the kind of afternoon that thank goodness I've learned, to say nothing, just listen.  He had a stressful drive home, then couldn't get into his driveway, had to shovel only for the guy to show up later.  Before I'd have a  dialogue with him and his stress level would go up. You know, you want to help, or fix it for them.  They just want you to listen.  Finally I got it right!

Today I made this card for the sketch challenge.  After seeing other cards for this challenge I wish I would have used a border punch for the horizontal pieces of paper.  Oh well........ Love this little House Mouse holding the heart.

 I saw this today on FB and had to laugh.  This is exactly how Tim felt today.  He couldn't wait to move somewhere warm.  It appears that many people here in NE Ohio feel the same way.
 This gave me a chuckle today.  Needed it too.
 This is something to ponder isn't it?  To think I might be the only Jesus others see is overwhelming.  God gave us the Holy Spirit for a reason ya know?  He is working in us so we can glorify God and come to know him better.  It's not a Sunday only thing.  It's a daily ministry we have no matter where we are.  We read and reflect on God's word then we work to be more like Christ in all we do.  That is a real challenge isn't it?

Tim told me that he tries to find something fun to talk about at dinner or something to tease Sarah with.  It's been fun lately to hear her responses to things.  Earlier in the week we talked about going to San Francisco and seeing Alcatraz.  She'd never heard about it so we talked about the escape, looked at info online about it.  So cool that she was interested in all of this.

This is a new song and group for me to listen to.  I heard it tonight on Air1 and liked it.  I think it might be one to listen to when I'm feeling down.  It's called Surrender by a group called, Nine Lashes.

Time for sleep.  Blessing of the Day:Tim got home safely, having fun with Tim and Sarah again at dinner.  I"m sure going to miss her next year when she's in college!! :(
Thank you God for my time now with her.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...