Saturday, February 8, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's Saturday evening and I'm finally getting time to write.  Today was a stamping day with Jane and Jan.  Poor Jan had a sinus infection and couldn't get antibiotics at the med center.  The young doctor told her she had something else and gave her steroids and told her to take them immediately when they were filled.  Jan's had sinus infections before so she knows what they are like.  What are you going to do when the doctor doesn't agree?
  She doesn't have a regular doctor so she'll look for one Monday.  Hopefully she will be able to find someone who can see her Monday.

Thursday and Friday I was at PHCA working the the first graders.  Friday was the 100th day of school and they do a big celebration.  I got to run the science room where we used a balance scale and compared 100 of different items to see what was heavier or lighter.  It was refreshing to see and hear their logic when making guesses.  The cotton balls that made a huge tower in the cup seemed like they should have been heavier than the 100 marshmallows that took up only half of the cup.  Their logic was that the cotton balls were bigger in size and higher in the cup so they had to be heavier.  I was impressed when one student said the box of 100 small paper clips were heavier than the box of 100 band-aids because metal is heavier than paper!  One student said since the band-aid box was bigger it had to weigh more. The morning flew by for me.
Here's a picture of a balance scale.

Today we made cards together.  Each of us brought one or two cards for the others to make.  I haven't photographed those yet, so I'll show you what I've made the past few days.  This first card is for the Tuesday Teapotter's Challenge for Rose.  Rose turned 103 today so we were asked to make cards with Roses to send to her.  I had a great time coloring this retired SU stamp. This was one of my favorites that will remain in my stash for a long, long time.
 This was the Ways to Use It Challenge where you had to use hearts.  I sponged the hearts then added ribbon and the text.  I really enjoying sponging.
 This was my card for today's Inspiration Challenge.  The item that was my inspiration is the next picture with the boats in the sand.  This was colored with Copic Markers then sponged with daubers.
My inspiration
This is the cutest little bird.  I saw it on FB and copied it because it reminded me of the mug I have where the bird looks mad.

This is a great reminder to me.  This is so hard for me to always do.
Hope is What We Crave by for King & Country is my music pick for tonight.  Give it a listen.


Sarah's at Sarah's house then to Bible Study tomorrow night.  I'm so happy that she has a close friend that she can spend time with.  Sarah's become so responsible with things she needs to do. Today she took her ACT test and said it seemed better than the last time.  She worked hard to study for it this time.

Blessing of the Day: Time with Tim, Stamping the Jane and Jan.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...