Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birds, Rainbows and God

Please pray for Ben and Rachel who will go in to have dental work done tomorrow.  Ben's having a wisdom tooth pulled and a filling or two.  Rachel's having fillings done. They may be miserable for a few days, so please pray for them and the dentist that all goes well.

I've been busy making cards today.  I cut some branches out at Jan's house Sunday and wanted to make cards with them.  When I saw the branch at Jan's house, I immediately thought of the gorgeous pink cherry blossoms that fill Washington, DC in Spring.  So I used a small flower punch, and a woodgrain embossing folder and began to form the card.  The background is bashful blue cardstock with marina mist clouds.  Dazzling Details was used to add glitter to the flower centers.  I wasn't sure if I should have used a tiny googly eye on the bird or not.  I'm also not sure what type of card I want to make this.  I made this for the Queen For The Day this week whose name is Kim.
 This is my rainbow card for today's How To Use It Challenge on SCS.  I drew score lines at 1, 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2.  Then I added dimensionals and arrange the flowers on the lines. I added the rhinestones and now need to decide what to stamp on the front.  This was one of 6 cards I made like this.  I liked how easy it was to make, that I made 5 more! LOL
Today my dear friend, Emily was at a conference for work and I worked with a substitute teacher name Kathy.  Kathy is a very experienced sub and we clicked easily and got lots done today.  I love being in the classroom helping first graders.

I've been trying to give each day to God so he can accomplish his will through me.  It's not so easy though.  I often fail, and end up doing my own thing.  God, please help me to put you first not me.  You know what's best and I only THINK I know what's best.  Obviously your plan is far better than mine.
When I heard this song, I knew I wanted to share it.  This is what we strive for, to let others see God through us.  Wow, that's a tall order isn't it?  I know I fail time and time again.  Last night is a good example of where I failed.  I made a mistake with an order for a customer, I apologized 5 or 6 times, but this woman wanted to continue to yell at me and refused to pay for her order.  It was over a hundred dollar order and the more we talked the louder she got.  So I began to get louder.  So loud in fact Tim came down to see what was going on.  I knew I needed to stay calm and not get upset, but I was pulled into it and felt awful after.  I asked for forgiveness and the ability to let it go and not go over it in my mind again and again.  I need to be reminded over and over that I am a reflection of Christ, or at least I should be.  Enjoy this song and make this your prayer today.
Blessing of the Day: Made red pepper fettuccine with olive oil and garlic.  Yum!  Sarah was being silly telling jokes because I told one that Chuck told us Tuesday.
Why don't sharks eat clowns?  They taste funny!

That prompted Sarah to tell this silly joke.
Why was  6 afraid of 7?  Because 7 8 9.  (ate nine! LOL)
Okay, these jokes are only funny if you're in second grade or very tired.  We were very tired.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and ...