Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cards, Esther and Fun

Today was shopping day and it was in the low 50's when we went shopping.  It was a bit cool with the breeze but I sat outside on the screened in porch with my lunch and tea anyway.  I am so wanting Spring and warm weather to get here!  How about you?  Are you getting impatient for Spring to arrive?
I think we are since we've had so much snow.  I think I read somewhere that we've gotten 85 inches of snowfall this year.  Not sure if it's a record, but it sure is an attitude maker.  Many people are crabby and can't wait for it to warm up.

Tonight was Bible study with Chuck and Maryanne.  We have such a good time with them.  Tonight we began to read Esther.  When we got to Chapter 5 and they talked about building a gallows, both Tim and Chuck started talking about Clint Eastwood movies and what they learned about hangings...............It's so funny how similar these two are.  A good study tonight with fun mixed in.  That's the best kind I think.

 I saw this the other day and thought of a discussion Tim and I had recently where he complained that I had pulled the covers from him.  Each time he pulled them, I pulled back.  So funny to do these things and not have a memory of it.
 Saw this and thought how cute it was.  Thought of Phoebe, who is Ben and Rachel's kitty.  She is 6 months old and I could just picture her snuggling with a stuffed animal.
 Do you make to-do lists?  I used to do it all the time for work and home.  Now, not so much.  I do get a lot more done if I make a list.  It gives me direction in my day. I should put on my list to count my blessings.  I take a lot for granted.  Just breathing and my health are two things I take for granted.  I'm thankful for what God has given me.  I know I don't deserve it but I am thrilled that he loves me so much to give to me.
 When I saw this online, I laughed out loud!  I will probably post it on FB sometime soon to share with others there.
 This was for a double challenge;clean and simple to honor Loll with a card from her gallery and technique lovers challenge to use fringing on your card. No stamping on this card. Pretty easy to punch out the flowers and vines, then the curtain, window box, window and put it together. Then I fringed the grass and added that.  I like how this turned out.  Now that it's made, I could make a few more assembly-line fashion with not much trouble at all. The top window is the card I used to make my own.
Here's my take on the window card above.  I added a window box with flowers as well as curtains in my window.

 For this challenge we were to look in the gallery provided and find something to remake in our own way.  The first is the card I chose to make.

Here's my take on the above card.  I love using the Watercolor Wonder designer paper, which is what I used for the circle with the hearts. 
I sponged with the circle die in place then stamped the flowers, added the butterflies and pearls, then the ribbon.

 This is for the color and teapot challenges.  The colors were cherry, midnight muse, and baked brown sugar on your card.
I sponged white cardstock using the three colors from bottom to top. Then I stamped in black, added the ribbon and black circles. I added the black layer then tilted it a bit on the cherry base. 

This is a card I made trying to use a frame and filling it with something.  I decided to stack flowers and add them to the square.  This will be a card that will be sent out as a birthday random act of kindness in April.

Ben called today saying he has a dry socket where they pulled his wisdom tooth.  Poor guy, he has stronger pain meds and hopefully will be able to sleep tonight.  I guess with what he's been taking, he gets wired and can't sleep.  I'm praying that God will give him a restful night.

Blessing of the Day:Dinner time fun with Sarah, Bible Study with Maryanne and Chuck.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....