Sunday, June 29, 2014

Card Making and 4 More Days

I went to Jane's house to stamp and these are some of the cards I made.  The mouse card is the card I took for all of us to make there.  We each bring one or two cards with enough for the others who will be there, like a shoe box swap.  It allows us to go away with a few cards in spite of all the talking and laughing we do!
 This card was made for the Free For All Friday.  We were to make a card that showed what we loved about summer.  For me it's the flowers.  I love, love, love flowers. I stamped and colored the flowers then used my spritzer with black ink to add a bit of detail.  Then I added pearls to the flowers and by the text.
 This card was for today's featured stamper.  It was easy peasy.  I stamped in versamark on glossy paper then embossed with white powder.  Then I used daubers and colored it with cabana and bermuda bay.  Here is the card that was my inspiration.
 This card was for Saturday's Inspiration Challenge.  Here's my inspiration.  This little guy was stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic Markers.  The background was made using Stampin' Up's stripes mask and daubers.
 Here's my card for the Queen For The Day Challenge.  I used the colors and layout of this scrapbook page as my inspiration.
 This was for Wednesday's Sketch Challenge.  Sure love scenes with the ocean in them.
 This was for the Ways To Use It Challenge where you had to use crayons.  I wet a watercolor crayon and colored the stamp then stamped with it.  I'm playing with this new stamp to see what I can do with it.  I didn't find many examples online at all.
 This was also for the Ways To Use It Challenge.  I was playing around with color combos and making a background using that gorgeous oval flower stamp.  This card will go to Operation Write Home.

         We have 4 more days until Ben and Rachel move back home here from Austin.  They are packing up their apartment and moving back to Ohio.  They will be here about 6 months raising support for their ministry as missionaries.  They will leave in January for an 8-10 week assignment, then come back for more fundraising then leave for 2 years to work as missionaries with experienced missionaries somewhere.  Then they will be full-fledged missionaries and can go where they'd like to do. 
Please pray for safe travels for them.  They leave July 1st in the afternoon and should be here July 3rd in the afternoon.

This is a new music artist for me.  Take a listen toTraitor by David Dunn.

Blessing of the Day: We went to church, and I had some time with Tim.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...