Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Can't Believe It's Been So Long

I know I've been away a bit.  It's been busy around here.  We've removed all of the dead bushes in the front yard thanks to the damage the deer did over the winter.  Tim had quite a job cutting them down and taking them out.  They he had to put in new bushes and add mulch.
That's what we did over the weekend.  We put mulch in the front yard and back yard.  It was a two day job.  Sarah helped and so did I.  Then Sarah stained the picnic table and the sandbox.

Sarah and I also got some more plants for the garden which were sprayed with a deer deterrent then planted.  It's been a busy, outdoors kind of weekend.

We got word that Ben and Rachel will be coming back here to live while raising funds to do their missionary work.  Should be fun to have them back.(with some guidelines of course.)


This is for the Clean and Simple challenge where you had to use three or more colors shown and for dessert, you were to use and animal.  I used more than 3 colors and took dessert. Thanks for a fun challenge.
I colored the branch from World of Dreams using SU chocolate chip and olive markers, huffed then stamped. I didn't color the nest or birds so I could use the owl. I stamped the branch then colored in the missing tree branch. I colored the owl with Copic markers then added dimentionals to pop him up. I used the negative from Deco Labels framelits to set the owl on the branch inside. I sponged the sky with bashful blue to get soft clouds behind him. The sun was masked then sponged with daffodil yellow. This will be sent to Operation Write Home to use.
This was for today's color challenge.  You were to use pumpkin, cherry and daffodil delight. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink then colored with Blendabilities markers. I added rhinestones in the flower centers. I embossed the cherry cardstock with large daisies embossing folder. Then I layered the card and used dimensionals behind the image layer. Fun colors to work with today!
 This card was for the Free 4 All challenge where you had to to use clouds.  Isn't she just the cutest little mouse?
 I was experimenting with a new stamp set that didn't have many samples anywhere that I could find.  This is the Ronald McDonald stamp set this year.  A portion of the sales of this stamp set is donated to The Ronald McDonald House.
 This was for this week's featured stamper.  Katlyn had such a beautiful gallery it was hard to pick one. Here is what I used for my inspiration. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...;ppuser=216283 I changed the stamp, colors, ribbon and added embossing.
I stamped the tree then cut it out with oval framelits and kept the framelit on while I sponged the background. Then added a mossy meadow oval behind the image. The background was embossed with the woodgrain embossing folder then the ribbon was added. The image was added with dimensionals.  
 This is a box that I made using Dawn's Video, found here.

These two cards were made for the Inspiration Challenge Saturday.
Here is my inspiration for my card.
I have to tell you this is my 4th and 5th attempts. I don't know why this was so difficult today.

Image was stamped in versamark then heat embossed in clear or white embossing powder. Then I used distress inks with sponges to color the flowers. I'm not sure which one I like best, but I think it's the white embossed card. Cards were both stamped with sayings from Wetlands.

    

This card was made for a woman who has been diagnosed with cancer and has two young children.  It is for the Tea Potter's Challenge on SCS.  The images were stamped then colored with copic markers. Daubers were used to give the sky, water and sand some dimension. The verse was added with dimensionals after being colored with copic markers. 
 This is the group of cards I made using this beautiful paper that my friend, Val gave to me.  Love this paper.  It's glittery looking but is so smooth like silk.  None of the glitter comes off.  It's a very fine glitter paper.

This is one of the letters OWH got from a soldier who is using our cards.  I so love to read these and know that what we are doing is appreciated by those who use and receive them!


This song spoke to me with the words, More of You and Less of ME.  Give it a listen. What do you think?
More Of You
Colton Dixon
 I made my castle tall
I built up every wall
This is my kingdom and it needs to fall
I want You and no one else
Empty me of myself
Until the only thing that's left is

More of You 
Less of me
Make me who I'm meant to be
You're all I want all I need 
You're everything
Take it all I surrender
Be my king
God I choose 
More of You 
Less of me

More of You

This life I hold so close
Oh, God I let it go
I refuse to gain the world and lose my soul
So take it all I abandon everything I am You can have it
The only thing I need is

All to You I surrender 
All to You my blessed Savior
I surrender all

Blessing of the Day: I spent some time with Val again today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...