Saturday, July 26, 2014

Here I Am, Back Again


I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  It's been a busy week making and sending cards.  I have a box of cards for Operation Write Home just about ready to be sent to Washington state.  I am so honored to be supporting those soldiers who give so much each and every day to keep us safe.

I visited my mom this week.  It's been a very long time since she's let me visit.  When I'd call she'd say it wasn't a good time,  or give some excuse as to why it wouldn't work.  So I was thrilled to spend a few hours with her.  Sarah and I went and inspected the grounds around her house.  Sadly it is no where near where it should be.  We asked if we could weed and cut down bushes that were very overgrown.  She said no, it was her therapy.

I may just go back another time and just do it.  She'd never know I was there.  Most times she sits in her living room with curtains closed knitting her giant squares.  The squares are donated to a group who stitches them together as blankets and hands them out to homeless people.  She loves to do this and it keeps her busy.

We will continue to visit weekly and see how things progress.  Sarah, Ben and Rachel are going to visit this week and see if grandchildren can convince her to allow them to weed her flower beds.:)  Out of the mouths of babes.....Sarah suggested this.

Speaking of Sarah we have an appt. with a counselor to get her set up for Tri-C a local community college 5 minutes away.  It's an exciting time for her.

This card was for today's Inspiration Challenge.  Here is the inspiration for this card.
Daintree Tea Towel
If you look closely you can see the birds.  I didn't want the bird to blend in so I colored him in brown and gray Copic Markers.
 This little sweetie is for the Ways To Use It Challenge.  You were to use dots/spots on your card.  I love her paper pieced outfit.
 Check out THIS video to see how Kay made a card like this.
 This was for the Clean and Simple Challenge where you were supposed to make a beach scene.  Ooops I made a lake scene instead. LOL
 This was for the Color Challenge this week.  You were to choose from 7 colors.  I used daffodil, pistachio, moss and slush.  I love two-step stamping.
 This was a card I made with a new stamper who stopped by Thursday evening.  She had these inks and stamp sets and wanted to know what she could do with them.  It was fun to go back to simple.
 These are cards I made for today's Inspiration Challenge.  Here is my inspiration.

Mint Geo Vase
 This was for Friday's Mixability Challenge.  You need to use more than one media.  I watercolored, colored with Copic Markers then spritzed with gold.  I added this to a card base and will use it as a sympathy card.
 This was for this week's Sketch Challenge.  Isn't her dress cute?  I love the little Pure Innocence girls.
 These are the cards I made for this month's Cards For A Cause on SCS.   The first 8 were made with Stampscapes stamps.  The last group are made with the Silhouette stamps from Swee N Sassy Stamps.



Here's a song by Hawk Nelson called, A Million Miles Away.  See what you think.

Blessing of the Day: I listened to an hour of  Rick Warren.  He's currently doing a sermon on People Who Drive You Crazy.  We all have people who push our buttons.  These sermons help you deal with them.

Thank you for stopping by.  Hopefully it won't take me so long to get back to this next time.

Blessings, 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...