Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Catching Up

It's been a busy week.  Last Thursday and Friday I was busy volunteering and Friday afternoon I left with Jane to go to Salt Fork State Park Lodge, here in Ohio for the Our Daily Bread Designs, stamping weekend.

We had a fabulous time and I'll show you the cards we made there as soon as I get the images cropped.  I took pictures of groups of cards we made.  We came away from the weekend with 26 cards!  It was unbelievable!

The first card here is for yesterday's color challenge on SCS.  The colors were pool party, Island Indigo and Cherry.  This is a stamp set and die set that we got FREE from our weekend. I stamped in memento brown then cut out pieces. I colored the flowers and sponged the cage. Then I embossed the three panel colors together and put the card together. I love the pretty lace border and the die.

 This is for Good Sport free for all challenge. This little guy has been with me since my son and daughter ran track. He's always fun to color and add to a card. Love his little smile and determined little face!


This was a difficult stamp set to use. I got it so I could make masculine birthday cards. I guess it will take time and practice to feel comfortable with this set. Anyway, I stamped in Rich Cocoa then colored with Copic markers and cut out the shape. Next I embossed the espresso paper and added dimensionals to it and the star.
 
 The card on the left was made by cutting a piece of painter's tape and placing it on the card stock before I began stamping.

After seeing that I wondered it I could cut the painter's tape with a die. So the card on the right is one I cut with a label 11 die. I needed to go closer to the tape to get a better die cut shape, but I like that it looks a bit rounded. Gotta try this again with a different die. 
 
 I didn't have silver or gold ink refills so I tried pushing the point of the silver marker into different spots on the cotton ball with alcohol and it worked beautifully to add silver to the card stock. Then I added drops of turquoise, cabana and pool party and dabbed all over the card. Lastly I stamped with black Stazon ink for the silhouette look.

 

This is Chris Tomlin's newest song, Jesus Loves Me.  I love listening to his music.  It is so inspiring.


Blessing of the Day:I was up early to have coffee and Bible Time before others were up.  No one but Phoebe and I are awake now at 9 a.m.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...