Friday, September 19, 2014

Worked Hard All Day Volunteering and Love What I'm Doing With Retirement!

Here's a beautiful picture I found on the web.  It was a reminder of how beautiful our world is and how amazing God is to make these types of scenes for us.  I just love to see the sun rise or set.  Great photo ops, but they never capture the true beauty you see.
 This is my card for today's Free 4 All Challenge on SCS.  Robin was the hostess today and because it was her first challenge, we were challenged to make cards with birds in honor of her name.  Here's my cuties for today.
 Speaking of cuties, here's a picture of Phoebe in her early kitten days.  She would sleep so much and in the sweetest positions.  You just wanted to pick her up and cuddle her.
 This was my card for yesterday's challenge which was to use a stencil.  I used my Stampin' Up star stencil. I love the way the googly eyes make this owl look.

Today was a busy day at school, but not too busy to pray with Patti.  Her grandson was having surgery this morning so we clung together and prayed for Conner and the family as well as the staff who'd do surgery and follow-up care.    What a difficult time but God will bring good from all of this.


As I was reading blogs today I saw one from Robin and I just had to share this with you.

The scripture and paragraphs were written by a friend that I wanted to share.  It really spoke to me tonight.  Thanks Robin.  You can find her blog here:  http://inkmagination-robin.blogspot.com/

Well, today I'd like to bring up some scripture that reminds me of putting on or taking off clothing, Colossians 3:12-16
"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering (patience); bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.  But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."  Eph. 4:22 talks of putting off the "old man".
All of this makes me think of the dirty rags we come to Christ with and how He gives us a brand new coat to put on...it is woven with threads of His character like kindness, goodness, patience, humility, peace, love, joy...you get the picture. It is the most beautiful coat, the threads look gold and pearlescent and copper and silver and sparkles like diamonds. This is the new life we have in Christ Jesus. He covers our dirty rags with His glorious coat.  That is what God sees when He looks at us who have given our lives to Christ, He only sees the glorious coat Christ gave us.  In other words, He sees the righteousness of Jesus because His blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness and we have forgiveness from all our sin.
I hope you belong to Him!

Here's a song that spoke to me tonight.  Take a listen and see what you think.


Blessing of the Day: I got to volunteer at PHCA doing what I love most-teach!
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...