Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Busy, Productive Day

Today was busy.  I am getting ready for my Stamp For Charity event Saturday.  I'm cutting paper, putting card supplies and paper into folders as well as still looking for simple cards to make.  This first card is one we will make.  I'm not sure if I'll keep the lacy oval or not.  I love it, but not sure if it will take too much time to cut 20 or so out.   I really like the stamp used for this.  It's called Meadows from Inkadinkado.  This card originally was for the technique challenge Monday.  You had to use the direct to paper technique with an ink pad. I took the negative of this die and taped it to my white cardstock. Then I used bashful blue ink and stamped it directly to the paper. Then I cut out the image and stamped it. A fun result was that the edge is white!
 
 This card was for the color challenge Tuesday.  The colors were Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe and Crumb Cake. This was also for the Teapotter's Challenge.  Cards can be sent to a man named Ernie who was recently transferred to a nursing home and is depressed.  I hope he likes this card.
 This cute bag was made following a tutorial on Splitcoast.  I always do a sample for my first time through a tutorial.  Then I make any changes I want to make then make them for others.  Instead of stamping the front of this, I used designer paper.
 This is a card I did for today's sketch challenge.  It is for Tim for when he comes home.
This card was for last Monday's technique lover's challenge.  You used alcohol ink  refills and a round object dipped in hand sanitizer which is stamped on the background.  My image mimics the colors of the background.
Isn't this a gorgeous sunset?  This is Lake Erie at sunset.  God's handiwork is so gorgeous!  How can you deny that God exists when you see this?

Today I visited with my mom.  It's bittersweet these days.  Her short term memory is going and she is so distressed and upset over this.  I asked her how she was and she said, "Not good."  Then she went on to say that she couldn't remember things and it was upsetting her.  I don't know know how to help her.  I pray for her and try to tell her that we need to help her try to live with it.  It's not going to get better.  It's part of the aging process.  I'm so glad it's not dementia or Alzheimer's Disease.

We did have a pretty good visit.  When she'd ask a question about something we'd talked about, I'd answer it like it was the first time she asked.  No sense in frustrating her further.  We talked about things she could pull from long-term memory and enjoyed ourselves.

I told her I'd be back to visit next Wednesday.  She wanted to remember that so she wrote it on her calendar.  Like I said, bittersweet.

Sarah and I went out to Panera's for dinner. Ben and Rachel had date night, so Sarah and I went out too.  I always enjoy Panera's meals.  It was nice sitting in a quiet restaurant talking to Sarah.
She's come so far.  Praising God for all he's done in all of our lives!

Picked Tim up from the airport at 6:15 p.m.  It was so good to bring him home.  I missed him even though it was only a day he was gone.  

Blessing of the Day: Dinner with Sarah and having Tim home safe and sound.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings, 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...