Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I Won, I Won!

Splitcoaststampers.com had a fun week-long Fan Club Appreciation Challenges.  There were 40 in all.  If you did all of the 40 challenges, you were entered into the bigger prizes categories.  I got notification today that I won this.
Have your see these new Chameleon pens?  This set of 22 is worth about $89.  I have held out on buying these markers since I have lots of Copics.  I couldn't justify buying them.  But now I've won them and will receive them in 3-4 weeks.  Pretty cool, huh?  Thanks Splitcoast!
This is a card I made with a digital image for the Clean and Simple Challenge Monday.  I sponged the sky, added clouds with dry embossing and added a tag.  Pretty easy.
 This is the card I made for Monday's Technique challenge.  You had to use a digital image.  With this image I also got papers.  I printed out the background paper, colored the images, sponged them and added plastic dots.
I saw this the other day and had to post it for my friends who are teachers.

On our vacation to Peebles, Ohio we went to the Serpent Mound.  This place fascinated me because I taught about it for years in 4th grade Social Studies.
 So I finally got to see the Serpent burial grounds.  It was an amazing sight.  They had an observation deck at the middle of the serpent.  They should have had one at the front end where his mouth was.  What an awesome part of history we have here.
 I had to share this picture from our vacation.  This boar's head hung on the wall between the dining room and the kitchen.  When you looked at it this way, it looked kind of like it was laughing.
 This is the Cincinnati skyline.  When I saw this all I could think of was, WKRP in Cincinnati!
In Cincinnati we went to the zoo.  It is one of the 10 best zoos in the nation.  Not sure what Cleveland is listed, but I like it better.  Cincy had an African Plains exhibit outside where you could feed the giraffes lettuce leaves.  The kids liked that a lot.  Some of the caged animals paced all day except for eating.  I felt sorry for the animals and wondered how necessary it is to see animals contained in rooms behind glass, which is so unnatural.
We saw two manatees, which is something Cleveland Zoo doesn't have.  All in all it was a fun day.
Image result for Cincinnati zoo
Here are the girls fishing on our last day of vacation at a state park.

This is the verse of the day.  I'd like to think that I'd work harder to do good to unbelievers.

Here's a new song called, You Will Never Run Away, by Rend Collective.  See what you think.
Blessing of the Day:I got to spend time talking to my sister who is in Wisconsin.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...