Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day Of School Around Here


To all my teacher and support staff friends,
Today may be the first day of school for students, but for you, it is not. You have been preparing for this day for a long time. Not everyone can do this job. Not everyone WANTS this job. You have been gifted by God to teach. He has you right where He needs you. These kids you teach NEED YOU. You have something no one else can give them. In the tough days cling to the knowledge that you ARE making a difference. You will figure out those difficult students; you always do. You will overcome disgruntled parents and/or administrators. You WILL make the difference in your students that will be with them forever. I am thankful you do what you do. I am thankful for all of the time, energy and love you put into your day. I am thankful that you come to work day in and day out, in spite of the difficulties. You are God's gift to children, continue to do what you do for them. May God bless you for all you do for kids.

Ben is hitting the books again through Liberty University.  It is online.  He told me he has finished his math for the week and is almost finished with his Psychology stuff.  He said he couldn't do the online discussions yet since no one has posted anything! LOL

Sarah went back to CCC and doesn't like the class she went to so she's going to drop it.  She knows she can't take this class with this professor so she'll look for something else.
                                                
What to do, what to do?  We went to the Lake Erie Crushers Game yesterday and sat a bit off the side of home plate.  When I looked at the girls they were giggling and putting their hand to the mouth and saying, "Oh my!"  When I asked what the issue was they pointed and said, "The umpire has split his pants and doesn't know it!"
As the game went on, it split a bit more.  Now it wasn't right up the back, but in the part between his legs........I asked the girls if I should call the guy over and tell him.  They said, "No, they would be too embarassed!"  So.....we had lots to see at the Game. LOL

Unfortunately the Crushers didn't win.  They were crushed, 6-1.  It was an afternoon game and it was a bit hot.  We usually go to evening games but this was the only home game we could go to as a family.
This has become a summertime tradition with our family.

This is a picture of Tim and I on the steps of the house we rented for vacation on the morning we left.
Congrats to Rachel, she caught the biggest fish!  This was her first-ever time fishing!
Here's the next biggest fish and I caught it.  I'm a princess fisherman.  The worm is added and fish removed by someone else! LOL
This is the 4 kids the last afternoon of vacation on the front steps.

So much to be thankful.  The kids are thankful to be home where there is internet!  They were in withdrawl without consistent wifi  on vacation.  True addiction with withdrawl was seen in all of the kids.  They had to play games like racko and cards to bide their time.  They all eventually downloaded some games to play when they went to McDonald's.

Here are some cards I made with things from Jane's where I stamped Saturday night when we got home from vacation.

This is the bee balm and hummingbird from Our Daily Bread Designs. When I saw this set of stamps I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  This will go to Cleveland Clinic or the Book Shop in Berea.

This was a pink base that was sponged with pink, daffodil and tangerine inks.  The flowers are dies that I cut out in three colors.  I cut the pink and purple flowers off their set and added them to the green stems.  Not sure I'd do this again.  Might cut them in white and color them! LOL
 This was a die that embossed.  I kept the die on and sponged with yellows and oranges.
 The hearts and flowers and doves are dies that I cut out and glued to the embossed pink card stock.  *Note to self, and Jane-Put the paper to be cut with the die on double-sided adhesive sheet first then cut.  Then you won't have to use glue to attach it.
 The base of this was white paper that I put the cut out die paper on top of.  Then I spritzed the paper and added a sun to the front.  I used washi on the picture of the sun and the words sunshine.
Blessing of the Day: Went to bed early last night. I was able to get up early this morning, get my quiet time and get lots of things done around here!
Thanks for your patience when I was gone on vacation.  Nothing I could do without internet.......

Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....