Friday, August 14, 2015

A Mess....Lots of Cards and Procraftinating

I just had to show you my desk after last week's Splitcoaststampers Challenges.  The first photo here is my side desk where there is no available except to pile things on top of one another.

This second picture shows the small space I ended up stamping in for the last two cards.  I ususally don't stamp like this but with all of the challenges I wanted to keep going to get all 40 finished.
These types of challenges help me grow so much in making cards.  They ask  us to use different items, copy a sketch, or anything that they think of.

One of my favorite challenges a few years ago was to use things found in a man's workroom.  I loved going through Tim's washers, screws and stuff to find items to put ink on.  I think I ended up with painter's tape, wall mesh, washers, sand paper, and twine.


This photo shows all of the packages I received this week for the Splitcoaststamper's Cards For A Cause.  Each month a different organization is featured.  We email suggestions for places that need cards.  I donate to Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.  They have asked for Thank You and Sympathy cards for their clients.  They asked me if I'd be willing to donate cards to them.  They wanted to start a program where they sent cards to families who have lost loved ones.

They wanted a personal touch to complete the care they give to families.  They have had such favorable reactions to the handmade cards.
If anyone wants to donate Thank You or Sympathy cards, email me.  Thank you cards should be blank inside.  They sympathy cards should have words inside.  Thank you for your consideration.
I saw this on FB and just had to share it there and here.  Ya know the other day when I saw it I had to laugh.  I lauged because  I should have found and used the vacuum today, but the stamp room called louder than the vacuum!
This is the verse of the day.  I feel that I lack wisdom all the time.  Sometimes I feel like a broken record in my prayers. I know God's not finished with me yet, so I have to be patient with myself.
I hope you can be patient with me as well.
Image result for James 1:5
This song is from a group called Royal Tailor.  See what you think.
Blessing of the Day:I got a lot of things done today to get ready to go on vacation tomorrow. The 4 kids are going with us to Southern Ohio.  Should be lots of fun!  Last year we were in Arizona and had a blast.  I feel blessed because I know that in time the kids won't be going with us, they will be in Africa and off doing their thing with significant others.

Thanks for checking in today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...