Saturday, October 31, 2015

Been Making Cards


Splitcoaststampers has had its annual cardmaking event called, Hope you can Cling To.  There are about 40 challenges and you make cards then send them off to Texas for women with cancer to use.
It's a great cause.  Here are some of the cards I've made.  I'm almost done with all of them.

This card was more work than I thought it'd be.  I sponged the white cardstock using curry, tangerine tango and razzleberry inks. I masked the sun behind the trees.  Then I put the paper into the tree embossing folder.  Then I used a brayer and lightly rolled it over the trees.  I used espresso ink.
 This challenge was to make a thank you card using pink.  I'm also trying to use ribbon and accessories on my cards.

This challenge was to somehow use nuts, bolts, tools for a challenge that said you have to be 'tough as nails' to get through treatment.  I used these two embossing folders for my card.  The silver was a roll of tape from DH's tool room.  It's really shiny.  Love the bird's eyes too.
 This card was to go through the tutorial section of the site and find something you've never done before.  This was a tutorial for a gift card.
 This was to use fall colors.  This is the same embossing folder, but this time I used the brayer directly on the inside of the front of the folder to add my colors.  Then run white paper through and the colors come off onto the white paper.
 This card was from today's inspiration challenge.  There is a pintrest board that has 317 images that are free to download and use for cards.  I found lots of beautiful images there.  I've added the link so you can use it too.

My niece's baby shower is next Saturday so I have to finish her baby afghan..........aaahhhh.

I've been listening to a Danny Gokey CD and wanted to share an encouraging song with you:
It's called, "It's Not Over."

Blessing of the Day:I got so many errands and things done here today.  Tim and the kids helped Brianna work on things she needs to have done for her house to pass city inspection.
Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...