Saturday, October 22, 2016

Eating, Visiting, Crocheting, Loving

Crazy week.  I don't know where the week went.  I posted Monday and turned around and it was Saturday!
Image result for applebees logo

Last night I enjoyed time with Sarah at Applebees. I needed to buy yarn for mom and Sarah told me employees at Pat Catans got a 30% discount instead of 20% discount this weekend.  So even though the yarn wasn't on sale, I got it for 30% off.

I went at 4 when Sarah got off and we shopped together for an hour and a half.  I was tired from working all day and ready to sit down.  I followed here in the pouring down rain to Applebees.
What was very interesting is that this store was in an area that wasn't completely developed.  It seems that after stores were put in some began to have foundation issues which made it unsafe to put stores in.
So there are some areas that have stores and an area where it looks like a ghost town.  It's a bit creepy to see partially built and built buildings with weeds and vines growing over them.  It made it look like a creepy movie set.

The blessing in all of this is that at 5:45 p.m. we were seated without a wait!  Thank you God.  There weren't many people there, maybe 20.  We got to eat sooner and had a wonderful time.  Sarah insisted on paying!  How about that for another blessing!
Image result for warm up america 2016
I got to see Mom this week.  She's always happy to visit.  I found she needed yarn.  She mostly had small amounts of yarn left over from knitting squares left in her bag.  I pulled them out and tried to organize by color so she could put several together.

I also pulled out all of the paper sleeves that yarn comes in.  There had to be almost 50! LOL
We buy Mom yarn for birthday and Christmas. We know she will use it unlike other gifts we could buy.  Making these squares is what she loves to do with her day.  She feels needed and useful.  Who doesn't like to feel needed?

At 85, Mom is slowing down and not remembering things, but God has allowed her to retain how to knit and what she needs to do to make these squares.  Praising God He's given her the gift of giving from her heart to those who are less fortunate.

See some of the amazing organizations that these afghans are headed to:

o Altenheim Senior Living in Strongsville, Ohio
o
o Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless in Cleveland, Ohio
o
o Cleveland Veteran’s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio
o
o St. Augustine Hunger Center in Cleveland, Ohio
o
o Hospice of Dayton, Ohio
o
o The Blessing House in Amherst, Ohio
o
o Orrville Public Library in Orrville, Ohio
o
o Holy Family Hospice in Parma, Ohio
o
o Veteran’s Affairs in Mount Vernon, Ohio

I'll bet that some of these are Mom's! LOL

 This was a funny image from FB that I live most Thursdays and Fridays when I volunteer.  It's so funny to see what kids do. They think you don't have a clue what they are doing.  Ha-ha.
 This is a card I made for Monday's challenge this week. You had to use washi tape with a die.    I I took white paper and put washi tape diagonal on it. Then I cut it straight into strips. I cut a square piece of white card stock and put a 3/4" square in the middle. Then I taped the paper diagonally all the way around the square. Then I cut out the coffee cup with the remaining washi paper. I put it all together and added a star with the sentiment on it. I thought this was a perfect saying for my card.
It was funny to see that the only washi tape I have is red and navy. I guess I'll have to be on the look out for different colors.
This week couldn't have been more exciting!  The Cleveland Indians claimed their spot at the World Series!  What was funny about the match-up for this game is that Cleveland started rookie, Ryan Merritt. The Blue Jays thought it would be and easy game because of this.  Well much to their surprise, this kid did GREAT! He managed 4.1 innings!
 Lots of fun images from FB. We haven't had a win in so long that this is amazing, just like our Cavs had.




Verse of the Day: Think about all of your friends......would you lay down your life for them?  I'm not sure I could answer, 'yes' to this. I would like to believe I'd do it for my family, but my friends?  I'm sure glad Jesus died for our sins.  He made if possible to be in Heaven forever with God.  What an incredible sacrifice!
Image result for John 15:13

This is a beautiful song by Laura Story. In it she sings about Jesus and his amazing love for us.  Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: Time today to work on crocheted blocks for Warm Up America.  I'm also working on a baby afghan for them as well.
 

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...