Saturday, July 8, 2017

It Started With a Bang!

This morning for me started with a huge B-A-N-G! 
The power went out and it was DARK!  It was 5:40 a.m. and I wasn't supposed to be up until 8.
It turns out the transformer in our neighbor's yard had an issue.  By 6:40, Tim was up wondering what was going on. I went on a coffee run to McDonalds. It is 5 minutes away.  


When I got back, these guys were there working on the problem. A little boy from across the street, in his pajamas was watching from his front porch as the guys helped get the power back on.  Nothing like the words of a 4 year old to make you feel like a HERO when you fix the power, ya know? Those guys had to feel 10 feet tall. It kinda felt like the Waltons when they left. You could hear the little boy yelling and waving to the heroes as they left.
Image result for illuminating company truck images

I am in the process of card making for a craft show in Hocking Hills, at my sister's cabin, in their gated community. So I'm making a variety of cards to see if they sell.  If they don't I have cards to donate to my organizations. This little guy is called, Comfy Cake by Whimsy Stamps. Isn't he adorable?
This is one of a few cards that I made several of using different colors and papers.


 This card for this week's sketch challenge.  I stenciled the back rectangle, then put the two rectangles together to stamp on both of them for the image. The I used the speckled and marbled designer series paper from Color Theory-Stampin' Up behind the image and sentiment.

This is one of the cards we made at Jane's today. We do a shoe-box swap. Everyone brings a full card and supplies for everyone to make their card.  It's lots of fun and you come home with different cards! The daisy card is the second card I had for the ladies to make.


I've been experimenting with quilt cards and this is one I came up with. It's all about getting the right paper and colors. I still have to finish this card with a sentiment and inside greeting.

Verse of the Day: I'm so thankful for God's grace and mercy that is new every morning.
Image result for Romans 5:20-21

Blessing of the Day: I got to stamp with Jane and Jan.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...