Saturday, July 1, 2017

July 1st, Where Did June Go?

The other night we had storms which ended with a double rainbow. Tim captured it and sent it to me. It's not often we see one rainbow, let alone two! 
 I loved this when I saw it. I don't know about you but I'm recharged by the sun. This summer has been more like spring with rain and cool weather and breezes. I hope we get some summer weather soon. I want to enjoy the pool a bit more before the summer ends.
 This was my card for the sketch challenge. I like how it turned out. The paper I used is called foil frenzy, by Stampin' Up.

This challenge was to use pieces of paper for our card. I decided to do a quilt card.

For this challenge we were told to use an older background stamp. I used a retired stamp called, Floral. I stamped it in garden green then colored with copic markers.

This is a new stamp set and paper. The stamps are daisy delight. There is a daisy punch. The designer series paper is called, Color Theory. Doesn't this remind you of the paint swatches you get at the store. I remember years ago when I stamped we got those paint swatches and stamped on them. We've come full circle. LOL

I posted this several years ago but was reminded of this a few weeks ago. A couple of people I know are speaking because of a disagreement. One won't accept they have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. A judgement was made, If you don't agree with me you don't earn my respect. Sad but true, this really happened to someone I know.



Verse of the Day:
Image result for Proverbs 16:25

Check out this song by Danny Gokey. He's saying he doesn't want the world's ways.  He wants God's way. This goes with the verse today. Don't get lost in the beat and music. Listen to the words.


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...