Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cards, Dog, Stencils, God

                                             It's been so long since I've been here posting things. It's been a busy week. I've been busy making cards for the South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. I've finished my Thanksgiving cards and begun working on Christmas cards. The Misti is such a big help with that.
By February I will have the new Stampin' Up positioning tool.  Some demonstrators have begun to call it the Stampasaurus instead of the Stamparatus.

This is one of a few cards I made combining daffodil, curry and navy inks to match the plaid background in the plaid paper I got from Lawn Fawn. I've used almost all of it now. I used it for the sunflowers here and a bunch of lighthouses I colored. It seems like anything you put against the plaid paper looks good.
                                              
             Here's another card made with the same colors. Love how the leaves even match the paper.

Isn't this little Hedgy darling? He's stamped in memento tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic Markers. I sponged the edges and used a holly embossing folder for the background.  I applied liquid applique to his had and heated it. It bubbles up and makes things look fluffy.

This was for Monday's challenge where we had to use 1 colored pencil to color for depth. I need more practice but you can see some differences in these cute turtles.

This card was for Tuesday's color challenge. You were to use real red, cucumber crush and marina mist. Dessert this week was to make a Christmas Card. I stamped the image in memento tuxedo black ink. I colored with Copic Markers. I stamped the sentiment in real red ink. I used the gently falling embossing folder and lace behind the image. I love how the blue sets off the image and the lace.
This is a one-sheet-wonder I made using the new, Year of Cheer metallic paper. I like how this came out. I made it simple by using the same sentiment.
I saw this the other day when I was searching for something. This is what we used to use on the windows before window clings were made. We used a sponge and applied glass wax to the stencils and we had pretty windows. The great thing was it was a glass cleaner we used so when we wiped them off, it cleaned the windows too.  This was a very fun memory for me.

Ben stopped over for dinner with Harper. She was a daycare which is near our house. We've had a jar of peanut butter than she enjoys eating from. We got a few pictures of her eating her peanut butter.
She has long chin hair and it was covered in peanut butter. She had a great time finishing the peanut butter in the jar.  It kept her distracted so we could talk with Ben without distractions. LOL it's like having a toddler around again.


I saw this posted on FB the other day and wanted to share it.

Love this analogy. ☕️
You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you or shakes your arm, making you spill your coffee everywhere.
Why did you spill the coffee? 🤔
"Well, because someone bumped into me, of course!"
Wrong answer.
You spilled the coffee because there was COFFEE in your cup.
Had there been tea in the cup, you would have spilled TEA.
***Whatever is inside the cup, is what will spill out.***
Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it, until you get rattled.
So we have to ask ourselves... “what's in my cup?"
When life or business gets tough, what spills over?
Joy, gratefulness, peace and humility?
Or anger, bitterness, harsh words and impulsive reactions?
You choose!
Today, let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation and kindness, gentleness, and love for others. What do you want in your cup?


Verse of the Day:
Image result for Deuteronomy 30:16

This goes along with our verse of the day, Love the Lord You God.


Blessing of the Day: I got to get many cards worked on today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...