Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Such Sorrow and Pain, But She's in Heaven, Rejoice, A Daughter Has Gone Home

I saw this on FB and had to share it. We need to be filled up each and every day by God. That's how we are able to serve Him and shine our light to show others His grace, mercy and love.


I thought this was a beautiful image. Love sunsets, water, and docks. To me there's something magical about being by the water, whether it's a lake or ocean.
I made this card for a challenge on SCS. We had to use forest animals on our card. I borrowed this set from Jan. Thanks Jan for letting me have fun with this.  This brings back some very sweet memories of my kids jumping in the leaves. I can remember doing the same thing as a kid. 
 This card was another SCS challenge. You applied rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball and added one color of ink at a time and pounced on the glossy cardstock to make fun colors.

This card was for today's card sketch challenge. You had to have a card with three panels. I decided to use the Cornucopia.  Cornucopia just brought back a wonderful memory of a former student. He had intellectual disabilities but was a fun kid to work with.  When he heard the word, Cornucopia, it tickled his funny bone.  He said the word in such a magical way that we'd all laugh. It still makes me laugh and smile to this day. God is so good to bring back these great memories when we need them. 


Last week I worked on putting the images I'd colored on cards. I had a bunch of cards on my desk and wanted to show all what I've been up to.

Oh my gosh, do you remember the days of metal lunchboxes? EEEEKK! I remember. My sister had a lunch box like this. One of the highlights of a new school year was to pick out a new lunch box and thermos.  The thermos didn't last long, but the lunch boxes did.  Another wonderful memory for me thanks to God.



Verse of the Day: Romans 5:1
I chose this verse to bring comfort to my Pennsylvania family who is saying goodbye to a beautiful woman who I called, Aunt Ann.  She was a wife, mom, sister, aunt, and friend to many.  I pray that those affected by this great loss will find peace and comfort in God's arms.
Image result for Romans 5:1-2


Blessing of the Day: I got to stamp with Louise today. She is a customer and friend. We hit it off the first time we met. She lives near Sarah and Brianna. So I set up lunch with Sarah after stamping. Sarah and I went to Yours Truly. I love the small diner feel to this place.

Thank you for stopping by. God bless you.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...