Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Am So Blessed

I received the best gift of all yesterday. My dearest friend was in town and had time to meet and catch up. I haven't seen her in over a year. She moved an hour away and has a very busy life. Her mom lives on my side of town. They visited Christmas Day and stayed over. She saw me on FB and asked if I could meet her the next day.

I cried hugging her. Oh my, it was quite a scene! We thanked God in prayer for allowing us to meet and catch up. It was found that we are both going through a lot of things with family that are difficult and stressful. Isn't it amazing that we think we're the only one going through trials and not others?

Val is my sister in Christ who was my upline when I started Stampin' Up in 2005.  God arranged that too. I checked the Stampin' Up website for people in my area that I could sign up under. Of the three ladies I asked, Val was the only one to respond.  I took my kids with me as I drove to her house which was about 10 minutes away.  As I'm driving I was asking myself what I was doing driving to a stranger's house with my kids?  Val was thinking the same thing sitting at her house. What was she doing waiting for a stranger to show up at her house?
As we got out of the car, Val saw Ben and said, "I know you." "You are in my son's kindergarten class!"
We spent the day talking while the kids played. God knew we would need each other.  We've been sister's in Christ since August 2005.

Val found some things to help me remember when going through difficult times.






Here's a picture of downtown Cleveland for Christmas. They always do something to the terminal tower each Christmas. Last year they had the leg lamp from The Christmas Story on it.
Image result for terminal tower lights christmas 2016
This is our family picture Christmas Day. Tim's dad, Grandpa Craig, was with us for the day. It was a wonderful time being together.
It's funny that even at 89 years old, Grandpa is silly like the rest of us.

Verse of the Day: Joshua 1:9-What a comfort it is to know Jesus is always with me.
Blessing of the Day: Meeting Val.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...