Sunday, December 17, 2017

Light of Christmas

I was going through pictures to put in calendars for my family. Each year Tim and I send pictures to Walgreen's or a place that makes calendars. We make a photo calendar for the other. Last year Tim made one of the kids for me. He also made one of he and I which is in my craft room. I loved this idea! I used to have Thomas Kincade calendars but this is much better.
This was a photo from 10 years ago. We were having breakfast with my twin sister before we took her to the airport to go back home to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
 Last week and this week I've waited for the UPS man. Stampin' Up has come out with their new products for spring. So demonstrators get to order a month before customers do. My goodies are here which brings happiness for sure. I come up with ideas for using them and make my cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System and the other places I send cards to.  It's fun to have new stamps to create with.

This card was for yesterday's inspiration challenge.  Here is my inspiration piece. My card will be going to Sarah, my daughter as a thank you for taking me to breakfast on my birthday. I added thank you in red letters before I sent it to her.

Elf on the Shelf Waterglobe - 4044949

 Our challenge today was to use a bird. This is one of my favorite birds. I stamped, colored and cut out the bird. I stamped and cut out the music score behind it. I added a brown layer behind the white then added a cherry background to draw out the berries.  This bird is from Our Daily Bread Designs.

I had a stamping class Friday and these are the things we made.


I decorated little pizza boxes and filled them with mini envelopes and paper, different kinds of ribbon, a felt cut out and some Rolo candies. It was a fun way to say thank you for coming to classes.



Verse of the Day:1 Peter 4:8
Image result for 1 Peter 4:8

I've got to tell you, I heard this tonight on the radio and loved it.  I didn't know it was a song from a Veggie Tales video. We watched Veggie Tales videos with our kids when they were little. They always had a great Christian message. They were made for kids with things adults would get, but kids wouldn't. So Veggie Tales were enjoyable for the whole family.


Blessing of the Day: I visited my mom today and she was was in great spirits. It was almost like before she had her stroke. We both enjoyed our visit. Praising God that Mom is happy at the nursing home and is doing what she can to help other residents.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....