Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Joy To The World

I love looking at the beautiful seasonal things that are posted each day.
When I saw this nativity scene, I thought what a wonderful stamp set it would make. I just love that little lamb watching Baby Jesus, don't you?
I saw this online and had to share. I've had a few friends tell me this. They buy things then don't get around to using them. I guess retirement has it's advantages huh? 

Take a look at this cute, mug. It is make with gorgeous, new designer series paper. The stamp set and paper will be available to customers, Jan. 3rd, 2018. The tutorial for this mug can be found hereIt's easy, and quick to make. I'm going to make some for putting gifts in for Christmas. 
 France Martin, is a Stampin' Up demonstrator who made a video showing how to do a tie dye technique using a coffee filter. You can see it here.  The first card here was done for today's color challenge, which used, melon mambo, tangerine tango and bermuda bay.  I made the lines go vertical since the other two cards the stripes went horizontal.  Inside the cards there is another flower that was colored with these colored markers, then stamped.
This was my original card from the video. I didn't have the same stamp so I used one from Sheltering Tree.
Louise came by to stamp today. It was my turn to provide a few things to make. We had a great time trading stories and techniques.  I learned something today: if you got your adhesive in the wrong place and need to remove your card stock piece, just blow on where the adhesive and card stock meet. The heat of your breath will soften the adhesive and if you pull slowly and gently, you should be able to begin again with placing your paper.
This is the card I made today to show Louise how to make the card. I used a different stamp. I think I like the other stamp better.
 Stampin' Up is selling plastic boxes that will fit 5 cards and envelopes. I've been watching videos to see ideas of how else to use these boxes. I ran the box through the Big Shot with the holly embossing folder. It looks pretty cool doesn't it?  I cut designer paper to fit the box. I added tea to the box. I need to work on a closing and decoration for the front.

This is the candle I made using Painted Harvest stamp set. I haven't used this technique in years! It was fun to show Louise how to do this. She was so excited to make one. 
I have been making lots of things today and my desk looks like it! LOL 

Today the temperature was right around 45 degrees. It was a pleasant surprise when I went out today.

Psalm 42:2 -What does it mean to thirst for God and why should I?

Thirst is one of the metaphors that the Bible uses to describe our deeply imbedded need and longing for God. In Psalm 42, the psalmist compares his longing for God’s presence to a thirsty deer desperately in need of a flowing stream. We have physical thirst because we need water. We have spiritual thirst because we need God.
Image result for Psalm 42:2


I found this and didn't know it even existed. See if you've heard any Christmas music sung by The Three Stooges.


Blessing of the Day: Tim had a good day at work. I had fun stamping with Louise.

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...