Monday, December 11, 2017

Never A Dull Moment

I was matching cards to envelopes to send my latest batch to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System so I had this box of envelopes out.  Chloe doesn't miss a chance to curl up in boxes.  You never know where she'll curl up. She's just so stinkin' cute.

After she sat in the lid for a while, Chloe changed to the deeper box. I had to laugh, she get into these things and just sits looking at me like she's ready to have her picture taken.

 Here's our Christmas tree. We traded with the kids for their 6 1/2' tree. We were ready for something smaller to decorate. This tree already has the lights so we just had to add ornaments. We were all happy with the tree switching. We gave Brianna and Sarah our big tree. Ben gave us the multi-colored tree he had. We gave the white lighted tree to Ben.  I grew up with multi-colored lights and prefer that for my tree.  Rachel grew up with white lights and prefers that. So glad it all worked out.
This is the card I made using an old Stampin' Up set called, Tart and Tangy. The clean and simple challenge was to use food.
 This was made for the technique challenge today. It is a gift card holder. The directions can be found here.  I sponged navy ink onto the designer paper and sponged the sentiment oval. I colored the lid with copic marker B99 then added clear wink of stella to the bottom of the lid. Lastly, I added the gold ribbon.
 The green panda card was made by Becky who was the featured stamper this week. I used her card for my inspiration and made this cute little Panda. Both sets will be available in January.
I saw this on FB and really liked it, so I re-posted it here.  I have a birthday this week so it hits me in the face about aging. God has been so good to me. There is nothing I lack. I am so fortunate that God doesn't give me what I deserve, but gives me what I need.

To all my female friends of "age''...
Most of us are going through the next stage of our lives. We are at that age where we see the wrinkles, gray hair and extra pounds. We see the pretty 25 year olds and sigh. But we were once 25 too, just like they will one day be our age. What they bring to the table with their youth and zest for life, we bring with our wisdom, experience and good hearts. For all we've been through earning each gray hair... raising kids, bills and ills and whatever else life brought you/us over the 30s, 40’s, 50’s, we are survivors... we are warriors... we are women. Like a classic car or fine wine. While our exterior may not be what it once was, it is traded for our spirit, our courage and our strength to enter this chapter of our lives with grace and pride for all we've been through and accomplished.
Never feel bad about aging. It is a privilege denied to many.


My twin Anne and I love cardinals. I saw these pictures and just had to share.  I love watching them at the feeder during the summer. They really stand out in the winter with the white snow all around.

I keep saying each year I'm going to do this but forget. I have to find a way to remember to do this. What a fun New Year's Eve it would be to go through all of them.  I might do a prayers answered jar.
No automatic alt text available.
Verse of the Day:
Image result for Matthew 6:19-21

This is a new song for me called, Witness by Jordan Feliz. Give it a listen.


Today was a busy day. I had an 8 a.m. meeting at PHCA where I volunteer. Then I mailed my Christmas cards and went home. When I got my text that groceries were ready, I picked up my groceries, then went to a grocery store called, Giant Eagle and picked up many gift cards for the kids. By shopping here, I get a discount on gasoline.

Then I stopped at a drug store to get their gift cards. One of  my daughters lives next to CVS and one works at  CVS. So they both are there often picking up what's needed.

I came home to find items I've ordered had been delivered plus cards for Christmas and birthday. My birthday is Wednesday. So I looked through those and finished watching the second season of The Crown.  I cleaned a bit and made a couple of cards. Whew, I'm tired! It's been a busy day.

Blessing of the Day: More and more is done for Christmas shopping. Sarah texted and asked if she could take me to breakfast for my birthday.  Ben called and asked if he could take me to lunch. So Ben and I will celebrate on Thursday. How sweet is that!

Thank you for stopping by.
God's blessings to you.

No comments:

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and ...