Saturday, December 9, 2017

Ice, Cards, Josh

A beautiful sign of Christmas is the gazebo in the Medina Square. Isn't this just gorgeous? Medina is a city about 30 minutes south of here. They also have  an annual ice festival.
Medina Ice Festival in Medina, Ohio:  Brrrrr. If you have “cabin fever” and want to spend some time outside in the middle of a northeast Ohio winter, you need to stop in the historic town square in Medina, Ohio for their annual Ice Festival. There, you will see a small downtown seemingly from Norman Rockwell painting. Even more, you will see beautiful artwork made from ice as carvers compete in crafting ice sculptures. Don’t worry, there are plenty of nice little shops to duck in and warm up a bit. It's always Presidents' Day weekend. You can see artisans create breath-taking sculptures from ice. It's an incredible thing to watch.
Picture

I've been making cards but haven't posted some in a while. This card was a technique card.  The tutorial I followed was, Alcohol Ink Baubles by Heather Telford. I only had glossy cardstock, so I used that. I mixed Tim Holtz alcohol inks and dragged the cardstock through it. Then I used the sponge with alcohol inks and alcohol on it and dabbed the white areas. I added a bow and pine to the top. I dry embossed the background then used a large oval punch and the scallop oval punch for me greeting.


This is a card I made inspired by a very talented woman named Karen Barber. Karen has a style all her own. When I see her cards in the gallery, I know without looking who made it.



This was a color challenge card. The colors were,  berry burst, rich razzleberry,  and pacific point. I love the little Gerda Steiner character. She makes some of the cutest animal stamps. I wish Stampin' Up did.


This is a card a friend and I made. We used the snowflake embossing folder, then stamped the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree. Then we added Wink of Stella to the  tree and snowflake.


Isn't this a stinkin' cute card? It's made with a Panda set that will be in the Saleabration Set in January. For each $50 of product purchased, you receive a free stamp set, or other item from the Saleabration catalog.
The birds are a new set that will be in the Occasions catalog which will begin in January.  I've found Lawn Fawn brand plaid designer papers lately. I'm finding that Most anything looks good on it.


This is a video I came across in a Christian blog I read often. It is a look at the Christian men on the Eagles football team. It's so interesting to see what they do off the field. So many have causes that are very dear to them.


Verse of the Day: 1 John 2:22-25
Image result for 1 John 2:22

This is one of my favorite songs. Listen to how Celine Dion met Josh Groban.


Blessing of the Day: I have my Christmas letter printed so I'm ready to begin getting Christmas cards out this year. I finished some cute cards using new Stampin' Up sets. We had a nice relaxed day at home today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

2 comments:

mary stuart said...

Charming story about Josh and Celine! Thanks for sharing that
and thank you so much for all your interesting, enjoyable posts.
I love that you are in the CLE area. I'm in Fairview, enjoying your CLE pictures and memories.
you work so hard to share such wonderful creations. thank you
Being a 'local' gal, i wondered if you heard about this...
i just read in our local paper (westlife i think 11.29.17 issue) that someone is writing a book about Captain Penny. I loved CP! although i was very young (yes, very young) he was dear to my heart. She published a link (of which i didn't copy and no longer have that issue) and cannot find it on a quick google search. The search did bring back a lot of other memories..Miss Barbara, Jungle Jim, and on and on. We had a lot of great talent here (my favorite was Goulardi of which i was a bit older so appreciated his humor) and i enjoy hearing about them. Anyway, just thought of you when i read about Ron Penfound.
You and your lovely family are in my prayers, especially your husband as he is in his new job (at least i think you mentioned he took another new job).
May God bless you and yours
mary

allisamazing said...

Love your cards! Very creative :)

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...