Monday, December 4, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook December 4, 2017


For Today, December 4, 2017

This is where the Daybook began.

Looking out my window it is a sunny day. I'm seeing someone cutting their lawn. It's been warm here in Cleveland, Ohio.

I am thinking that I have a lot to do today and need to get going.

I am thankful for friends and family prayers for Tim's new job. A new job is very stressful and affects so many people, not just the new job holder.

One of my favorite things is putting up multicolored Christmas lights all over the house. I love putting up our outside lights as well. Now Sarah helps me with that. She's just like me in loving lights. She keeps lights in her room all year long.

I am creating our annual Christmas letter to family and friends.
 
I am wearing jeans, a t-shirt with short sleeves and slippers.

I am reading  nothing right now. I order books to read but couldn't get into the book by Nicholas Sparks called, Two by Two.  I've never had that problem with his books.

I am hoping to finish the cards I need to send to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System soon so I can send them.

I am learning to lean on God, family and friends more and more.

In my kitchen I hope to get more chili made. I love chili the second day. Yum. Rachel loves it too. When they lived here, she and I would eat the left-overs together.
 
In the school room-I started volunteering again at PHCA. I had lots of fun connecting with the teachers again.
 

In my upstairs garden I have added another plant holder. Some of the outdoor plants have been on top of my armoire and aren't getting much light.
 

 

 

A moment from my day
This is Chloe, who is a year old, sitting in the wreath that will go over the fireplace. It had some loose flowers so I will hot glue them, then hang the wreath. 
This is Phoebe. She loves sitting under the tree. I'm not sure if it's because it's relaxing or if she's hiding from Chloe.
Closing Notes- I've been working on cards of encouragement for the South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. Inside the first two cards is says, AMAZING.




The inside of this says, "that's who you are."



Verse of the Day:
 Related image

Blessing of the Day: Knowing God is with me each and every second of the day. No matter where I am, He is there also.

Blessings,

4 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What a blessing it has been to come here today to read your post. You are doing such meaningful work - especially with the cards to the juvenile center. Hope you have a great week!

Leann said...

Those cards are fabulous... What a great ministry this is! I enjoyed your post very much. We lost our little sweet kitty back in March of this year. It always brings back sweet memories to see other peoples little fur babies. She is sweet! I agree with you on the lights and the CHILI! I am having leftover chili today for lunch. Always ALWAYS better the next day! LOL Blessings to you and your family during this time of Advent and Christmas.

Kay R. said...

Enjoyed reading your daybook and looking at your photos! Your cats are so cute. When we had cats, they would hang out under the Christmas tree. The cards you're making are beautiful and inspirational. I'm sure the recipients will be blessed for having received them.

allisamazing said...

We have had unusually warm weather here this year. Yesterday while out walking we saw someone raking - usually we are shoveling snow this time of year. Love the pictures of your cats. They made me smile. Thanks for sharing your daybook :)

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and ...