Friday, December 1, 2017

And So It Begins-The Christmas Season

I've been working on cards for Christmas and for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. This card is done in silver glitter embossing powder and silver glitter paper. It is very sparkly. Here it looks gray and it's disappointing how badly it photographed. 

I also saw how little versamark ink was on my ink pad. The three larger snowflakes are much lighter. I added ink then stamped the smaller stamps. Wow, what a difference!


This is one of the cards for the Juvenile Justice system. Isn't this a cute image and saying? The image is from Gerda Steiner. She has some of the cutest animal images around.  The inside says, I really, really, really miss you.

This was a surprise stamp from Michaels. They had a sale, buy one, get one half-off. This set came with 6 stamps and several dies. I was very surprised how well they worked. The dies looked thin like they wouldn't cut paper. They cut very well. I cut out the truck and the presents.
Here's another cute stamp I just got. It is from Whimsy Stamps. It was drawn by Chrissy Armstrong. It is called, Penguin and Bear. I had such fun coloring this then choosing paper to go with it. Here is the stamp I mentioned above. I used it on the front then put the hug message on the inside.


Some of the word stamps I got were for encouragement cards. This card was made for a sketch challenge this week where we had to add greenery.

I came across an article on FB that showed restaurants that aren't around anymore. We had a Burger Chef nearby on Pearl Road. I remember walking up there to get fries or something to eat. We didn't often go there though because McDonald's was at the end of our street.


At the corner of Pearl Road and Snow Road we had a Red Barn. I remember going there to eat.


Verse of the Day: I remember paraphrasing this verse as the kids were growing up: Pride goes before the fall. I tried to teach then to be a servant with a servant's heart.  A while ago Sarah said, she remembered me telling them, if they saw a need someone had, and they could fill it, to do just that. Funny what kids remember.
Image result for Proverbs 16:18

When we Pray by Tauren Wells-Tells about the importance of prayer. I've been praying lately for Tim. I'm asking God to help Tim and I pray our way through life right now. He knows what we need so we need to be open to what God needs us to do.


Sarah helped me put up Christmas lights and it was fun. She loves doing that kind of thing.  She said she gets her enthusiasm for Christmas and the lights from me, growing up. (aww, the things we learn.)
She also showed how special helping to decorate for Christmas together was. She tried to remember where we've traditionally put things so they could continue to be the 'same' as we've always done it. I told her things could go anywhere, but she said, "No, it's a tradition where they go."
So I guess it goes to show me that these little things have really had an impact on Sweet Sarah Annie.
Thank you God.

Blessing of the Day: Sarah helping with decorations and lights outside. Tim entrusting me with how he's feeling about his job.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...