Saturday, April 28, 2018

Oh Spring, Where Are You?

Well, we're back to another, cold, windy, rainy day.  I'm so tired of this weather. When I saw this little duck, I knew exactly how he felt!  I love the beach and all that goes with it. Right now, I'd take just a sunny, warm day!

These flowers are so pretty. That's one thing I love about Spring. I love the daffodils and grape hyacinths. My mom used to grow these. These bring back many sweet memories of growing up for me.
                                               

Here's a cute dragon card I made tonight with an image from Jan Kessler. We used stencils and transfer gel to make different backgrounds. This is a Tim Holtz stencil with purple metallic paper run through the laminator together.

This card was for a '2' challenge this. You were to use two of something, whether it be images, words, techniques. I chose direct stamping and stamping off once which is also called generational stamping. The stamp was colored with markers then stamped.

 This card was made at Jan's today. We played with stencils and transfer gel. This is another Tim Holtz stencil. After the transfer gel dried I put got metallic paper over it and ran it through the laminator. The metallic paper sticks where the transfer gel is.  I then colored and cut out the lizard. I dry embossed him so he'd match the background.

 This card was for inspiration Saturday. I made my card to be similar to the plates. I made a wreath maker template so I can make cards in the round with assorted stamps.
Kashmir 16 Piece Set by Tabletops Unlimited
 Today was celebrate Aussie Day. We were to copy something from an Aussie whether it was a card, technique.  I copied Stamp Owl's easel card idea.  I made my easel card with metallic paper and this cute Tim Holtz dog.


1 John 4:1 The Bible warns many times about false prophets. They are out there. Stay focused on Jesus and truly check to make sure something is from God. If you are not careful, you will be misled by Satan and his false prophets.
Image result for 1 John 4:1

Take a listen to this song. It's all about giving God control of your life. It's so freeing. I didn't say it's easy, but knowing God's going before me makes things easier. He's leading me and I am following.


Blessing of the Day: Tim spent the day with his brother, fixing one of his sister's garage doors.
I spent the day with a friend, stamping and enjoying each other's company.

Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...