Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, April 24, 2018



For Today, Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Check out where this all began here.

Looking out my window- it is dark and rainy outside. It's been a cool, rainy day.

I am thinking-that within a month we will be in the middle of selling our house and looking for a new, smaller house.

I am thankful-that things are lined up and just about ready to go with getting the house ready to sell. We've downsized by going through closets and the attic already.

One of my favorite things- is a turkey sandwich with toasted bread and mayo.

I am creating a caned rocking chair.

I am wearing long sleeves, jeans shoes and socks. I'm so tired of long sleeves.

I am reading, Every Breath You Take by Mary Higgins Clark.
Cover art

I am listening to Alistair Begg preach the word of God.
Image result
I am creating a dozen cards with a similar design but using different colors. One set uses 3 of the new in-colors that will be in Stampin' Up's new catalog. The top card uses dapper denim, pear pizzazz and peek-a-boo peach.
The bottom card uses new colors of blueberry bushel, call me clover, and grapefruit grove.

I am hoping, DH and I can lean on God's wisdom for the selling and buying a new home.

I am learning that it's so hard to do my quiet time being retired. With having all day, sometimes it's hard to stop the other things going on to do it. I know I should do it first thing. I used to do that when I worked. I'm praying that I can once again begin doing this.
Image result for bible
In my kitchen, all is quiet until I get things out to make my turkey sandwich. Then I have two cats meowing for a taste. 

In my garden the daffodils and hyacinths are up and beautiful as ever. More plants are growing as well. Strawberries, heather and various other plants are growing as well.
Image result for mini daffodils Image result for hyacinths

Image result for strawberry plants

We're finding this kitty has some unusual tastes. We found she ate some of my yarn. I had left my afghan out and found the ball of yarn disconnected from the ball. Chloe was sick for a day or two spitting up the yarn. Thankfully she's fully recovered and I've locked away the yarn from her.
I've never had a cat like this.  She also will play fetch with a ball of paper then suddenly she begins to lick the paper until it's wet, then try to eat it.  We have to really watch her like a toddler. She's worth it though.

Verse of the Day: 
Image result for Psalm 91:1-2

The Greatest Showman is a movie that I've seen 3 times and just love it. The music and choreography are amazing.  See what you think.  when I feel down, I put on this movie and it pumps me up and I feel better. 


Blessing of the Day: We saw Sarah Today. I got lots of vacuuming done today. That always makes me feel good. I got plants watered, trimmed and turned toward the light.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, 

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...