Thursday, May 24, 2018

Cards, God, Deliverance

Cards for the week have been from challenges.  

This cutie pie was for the color challenge. Our color challenge from Stef was to use, watermelon, smoky slate and old olive. I immediately thought to use an elephant for the gray. I chose this old stamp that hasn't seen much love lately.  Humphrey's Corner Collection-Roses Are Red, is the name of the stamp set.
Isn't he sweet? I stamped and colored him then cut him out and added wink of stella to his flower and the pink hearts. I cut a large heart and a small heart and added them to the card.

 This card was for the Featured Stamper of the Week.  Here's my inspiration:
I loved the little bear peeking out of this card. I changed the stamp and used my new Graceful Glass designer series paper from Stampin' Up instead of dry embossing. I placed the vellum over cardstock then added clear wink of stella over the water. I cut off the vellum to make the bear sit in the water. I moved the triangle piece to the right side so you could see the bear. I added a strip of dsp to the bottom with the sentiment. I also sponged clouds around the bear.

Here is the inspiration for my card.
I stamped in crumb cake full strength, then stamped two more times without reinking my stamp. I sponged the background with different colors. I traced the flowers and stems with markers to give it a soft color. I stamped the sentiment in so saffron then added crumb cake and made it into a banner.

 I used a picture of pink columbine from my garden. I used the cracked glass technique found here.
I used silver pigment ink on the image once it was cracked. It made the cracked glass show up a bit more. I used Anna Griffin's poppy embossing folder for the background and the sentiment oval. I sponged the oval and stamped my sentiment.

Julie's challenge for Clean and Simple was to make a card for the word, citrus. I immediately thought of House Mouse. This stamp always makes me giggle.
I stamped the image and colored it with Copic Markers. I added the red ribbon then the image on the glitter paper. Then I layered the papers. Such a fun challenge!

This is for both challenges today. The mix277, had us stamp something off the page so you had a partial image. The free for all challenge had us using washi tape. I stamped the tree with two different kinds of ink. I stamped the grass at the tree base, then watercolored it with the aqua painter taking the greens off an acrylic block. I put washi tape over a piece of white paper. I stamped on it with stazon ink. (I've never stamped on washi tape before so this was fun.) I cut the piece to size and added it to the card with dimensionals. I rounded two of the corners on the image.


When I saw the folded paper on the mouse card, it reminded me of a paper airplane. I printed 3 paper airplanes and added them to the dark designer paper then added the sentiment.

I'm so glad God can take my anxiety away and replace it with HIS peace. Selling a house is no easy time in one's life. So much that you want to take into your own hands. I'm constantly reminding myself to relax and leave it with God.  Do you struggle with things like this?

When I saw this it truly spoke to me and I had to share.


Verse of the Day: Psalm 42:2


Take a listen to this song by Zack Williams.


Blessing of the Day: I got another afghan finished and I got to swim!

Unfortunately, we found that someone had changed the setting on the heater for the pool. It was set at 90 degrees. It was like bath water and I had to ask Tim to turn the heater off. He was angry that someone touched anything! He called the realtor to let her know the damage this could have caused. Not sure if it was kids or adults but it didn't help our anxiety of leaving our house with strangers inside.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...