Saturday, May 26, 2018

Thanking, Remembering, Caning, Running


Memorial Day weekend is here. Thank you doesn't seem enough, but it's a start.

I finally finished caning my rocking chair. It took many hours of work, but well worth the wait. I can see now why these are so expensive. When they are hand made, it's a labor of love. Weaving in all directions then binding it all around then tying off the ends under the seat all take time and patience. 


Here is the inspiration I used for my card. This is the gorgeous new vellum that Stampin' Up has in their new catalog going live on June 1st.  I colored it with Stampin' Up markers. I added clear wink of stella to the dots between the diamonds. I colored the image and added it to the card.
Removable Wallpaper from WallsNeedLove | lifestyle


This is a beautiful song. Steven Curtis Chapman has experienced difficult things in his life. He and his wife lost a daughter to an accident in their family driveway years ago. That doesn't dull the pain. Give this song a listen and start to remember for yourself, things God has brought you through, that have made you stronger.


Today when I listened to Alistair Begg's sermon, he spoke of putting on the full armor of God. We need help in fighting the spiritual battle that goes on everyday all around us. We battle Satan with God and Bible verses we've memorized and kept in our heart for when they are needed.


This is a fun song by David Crowder. It speaks to the topic of today's battle of Satan.  We have so much in Jesus Christ. He died for our sins. He wins in the end, and Satan loses. Satan wants to take as many to the fiery place called Hell as he can. Don't be one of them.


Blessing of the Day: I finished the caned rocking chair!
I made a few cards using the stained glass looking vellum from Stampin' Up.
Tim made my favorite dinner, angel hair pasta with cheese sauce.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....