Friday, May 18, 2018

Classes This Week, Cards and Christ


Here are the 4 items we made for my classes this month.  The first one is a container for sweets, treats or bling. It was made using one 6 x 6 piece of designer series paper. This is new paper called, Garden Impressions.  It will be available June 1st for customers. This is a 6 x 6 pad of dsp. Each page is more beautiful than the next.

 This is a technique card called, Inking with Tape. Painter's tape is put on a stamp pad and pressed down a bit. Then you use the tape to stamp ink onto your background. I start with the lightest color and work towards the darkest. I start with a long piece of tape for the first color, a shorter piece for the second color, then use a piece of tape rolled so I can put my finger inside and stamp up and down on the paper.
 This is called a Peek-a-Boo card.  The bow holds it closed. The peek-a-boo is when you open the card. A sentiment is hidden under the circles.
 This is one of my favorite sets which is retiring. I stamped the ferns in old olive 2-3 times to make the ink lighter. I used pear pizzazz on the small circles. Marina mist was used for the flowers. The butterfly was cut out then clear wink of stella was applied. The butterfly was glued together in the center. Dimensionals were added to the body in the center. The wings were bent up a bit.

 This is my card for Tuesday's Color Challenge on SCS. It is a new stamp set called, Accented Blooms. I'm going to love this set for sure.

This is my card for today's sketch challenge. When I saw that opening I knew I had to have something coming out of it. I used House Mouse Stamps. Here is another sheet of Garden Impressions designer series paper.


 This is my card for the Inspiration  challenge Saturday.  Here is the inspiration piece for my card.
Urban Tote

These three cards I made at Louise's house early this week. I love stamping with others and seeing the cards they make. Even if they are from You Tube videos, she's changed them to make them her own.
                                     

 This card was for the Featured Stamper challenge. Here was my inspiration.

I used the basic layout but used my own images, sentiment and embossing folder. I just love this Darice cactus embossing folder!  The fun thing about these boots is they are made from fun foam. I heated the fun foam and when it was hot I stamped stazon onto the foam to get the impression. Then I used soft suede and chocolate chip to color the boots and go over the lines. The boots look and feel like leather.  Pretty cool, right?


Verse of the Day:Isaiah 52:7
Image result for Isaiah 52:7



No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...