Saturday, June 30, 2018

Hot, Hot, Hot


For Today Saturday, June 30th, 2018

Looking out my window it's sunny and HOT! It should reach 95 degrees here in Ohio. We have a showing early this afternoon, then it's into the pool!
Image result for above ground pool\
I am thinking that I need to pack my lunch to go visit my mom.

I am thankful that I have air conditioning in the house and car!

One of my favorite things is swimming in the pool with my kids.

I am creating lots of cards from images I stamped and colored at Jan's.
I am also creating another afghan.
 
I am wearing a t-shirt, shorts, socks and shoes. 

I am listening to Alistair Begg preaching today's sermon, An Impossible Promise.

I am hoping to have a good visit with Ben today. He's coming over to swim. Rachel is at a picnic all day.

I am learning that to be patient with those around me continues to be difficult but not impossible.

In my kitchen all is  quiet. Soon the sound of two cats meowing for turkey will be heard.
 
 In my garden it is exploding with color. The bee balm is opening, the lavender is open and honey bees abound this year. We haven't seen many the past few years so this is a welcome sight.
Image result for honey bee
 

 
 
A moment from my day, This card was from the Inspiration challenge today on Splitcoaststampers. The inspiration was the short set. I pulled some of the colors and used the stamp set Healing Hugs. I stamped in Apricot. The leaves were stamped off using shaded spruce. I masked the  flower to add the leaves. The get well sentiment was made by covering the word soon, with tape. I stamped the stamp in ink, then removed the tape to stamp get well.  The image and sentiment were added with dimensionals.  The designer series paper is Garden Impressions.  I love this paper. I may have to order it again when I put in my July Stampin' Up order of buy 3 designer papers and get 1 free.

 


 I stamped at Jan's house this week and brought these images home to color. I colored with copic markers and silver wink of stella. Then I used the mesh embossing folders for texture then framed the image with silver. This will be part of the box of cards going to South Carolina Juvenile Justice Center. Masculine cards are always welcomed.

A piece of history: Yesterday I met a dear friend at Hinckley Lake Park. They have done so much to this place since I visited many years ago.  My parents took us here to play in the water and cool off. My dad used to bring a towel and lay on the grass listening to the baseball game. Eventually he fell asleep.  This brought back memories of fun family times of days gone by.  Thank you God.

When I saw this I smiled and knew I had to share this. It's very important to remember this about yourself.


Verse of the Day: Luke 12:48  Christian life isn't easier than non-Christian life. It's all hard. The thing that makes it somewhat easier is that I know God is with me and wants the best for me. He knows the best way to get me to where I need to be.  Life is difficult, and I don't know how I'd do it without God.
Image result for Luke 12:48

Blessing of the Day: I am cool in the air conditioning. God loves me more than anyone else in the world.  Tim and I walked before it got hot!

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...