Sunday, July 8, 2018

Stamping Fun and Silliness



The past few days I've stamped with 2 friends. This is the card I made with my first friend. We were both trying to use the giraffe on our card, but since it's only a neck and head stamp, we were stumped. I finally decided this paper would be great and I put a slit in it to have the giraffe peek out through the leaves. Then I added the die cut leaves.
It's fun to figure things out with friends doing what we love for others.


This is the card we also made. It's one we made years ago and my friend brought it over to copy. Oh my, you would have thought it was a difficult card to make. It's easy to make but I had a tough time stamping the lace.
This was a wood block background stamp. I remembered stamping and not getting a full image. So I took my stamp off the wood block and added my own backing so I could use it in my Stamparatus.  Image after image, I couldn't get a good, full image.
My friend tried her wood mount stamp and it worked perfectly!  Go figure.....
Then we needed my butterfly punch.  I searched high and low for those punches. I couldn't find them anywhere.   Then I took the time to READ the labels I put on the drawers, and lo and behold, there were the butterfly punches in the back of this drawer!  I was so embarrassed, but laughed so long I had tears in my eyes.
"Time to go get a cup of coffee," I said!  Creating memories with friends is so much fun!

This is the final card with the butterfly. We dry embossed paper with a swirling embossing folder, then punched out the butterfly and added rhinestones.
You never know what the process was to make the card you receive.  :)
 

On Splitcoaststampers, the featured stamper challenge found me using the pinwheel card with the playing cards.  I made one with the beautiful designer series paper called, Garden Impressions.  It's a very quick and easy card to make. I haven't made one in years.  I used one of the new colors of paper called, Mango Melody as the background paper. Then I added the pinwheel and the strip of paper. I changed the orientation, colors and greeting.
 Here's a link to the directions.

The next card is for the Inspiration Challenge at SCS.  The cactus pot with clay on it was my inspiration. I love this little cactus set of stamps. I comes with dies too.  I dry embossed dots and colored them then added my cacti.  Darice has the cactus embossing folder. The stamps are from there as well.
My daughter loves cacti and works at Pat Catans. When these stamps came in she called me and said I had to come and look at them.  It's fun to do that as she gets an employee discount.
Make a Clay Petal Planter

This is the other card I made. I colored the images, then went over the flowers with yellow wink of stella. I drew the lines on the tall cactus with the same thing. I made a scene for the cacti to sit in and used the rest of the embossed dots. I like how different each card looks.

Verse of the Day: Galatians 6:10   When I first saw this verse I thought, that's easy to do! Then I thought back through my experiences of dealing with people in church and found that it's not so easy. We are all sinners and influenced by Satan at times in our lives. Non of us is perfect, we're all human.
Image result for Galatians 6:10


Here's a song by Matthew West that goes with our verse of the day. I love its message.

Blessing of the Day: I stamped with another friend this morning. Tim got lots of wallpaper off the walls. I worked on cards for my class tomorrow.  My kids updated their ministry blog today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...