Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Virtual Stamp Night Weekend

Splitcoaststampers had their Virtual Stamp Night Weekend this past weekend. Friday and Saturday there were challenges every hour. There were 16 in all. I finished 15 so far and wanted to share. You are given a challenge and have an hour to make a card fitting that challenge.  I love doing these types of challenges because it helps me grow in my stamping abilities and it helps me use stamps in my collection that haven't been used in a while.

I like to do the daily challenges they have also. I find I love to learn new things. These challenges are a great way to do just that. Here are 15 of the challenges and what card I made for each.

The challenge was to make a card using a grill, colors around the grill and/or score lines.
I stamped Changito grilling and colored the image. I used my circle die to cut it out. I cut out another circle to look like a hamburger and put the image on top of it. I made the background look like a grill, so it would look like a burger was cooking on the grill.

The challenge was to make a get well card. I stamped, colored and fussy cut the image. I stamped a retired SU get well sentiment. I used my daisy embossing folder and cut it to a circle to go behind my image. I added retired SU paper on the background of grapefruit.

The challenge was ice cream social. I colored this little boy in red and blue to symbolize all of the county fairs, Home Days, festivals and fun times will be had all over America. Summer is the time to celebrate with gatherings in our cities, towns and families and that includes lots of food and ice cream.
I colored the Springtime foil page with copic markers to look like a flag.
I colored the image with copic markers. then cut him out with a stitched oval die. I added dimensionals to the back of the image.

 The challenge was to bring the great outdoors to your card. My card has a washi tape background that has been dry embossed. I then stamped branches with flowers near the chair. My favorite place is on our back porch watching the birds and looking at my garden.
I stamped and stamped again for the flowers on the branches. I cut the chair out in fun foam and colored the chair with a copic marker. I added the image and chair to the washi tape background then added the sentiment.

  The challenge was to make a card with a crafty saying. I don't have anything like that. As I looked at my congratulations stamp I thought, "Why not make it conCRAFTulations?" Anyway, I colored the letters on my stamp and wrote in the ones I needed. I used washi tape to make the x on the card. Then I used an embossing folder to give the background and tape some texture. Lastly I added the white dotted tulle ribbon.

The challenge was to make a holiday card. I chose Thanksgiving. I chose this image because they look like they are blessed to be friends. I colored and cut the image out with an oval die. I cut an oval out of the card base and added designer paper and the image. The sentiment was cut out with bubbles die and the key tag punch The seaside embossing folder was used as the background.

The challenge was to go on a scavenger hunt. I chose what you'd see on a beach-shells. My happy place is the beach where you'd see sand and birds. On a boat I'd see waves and clouds.
I colored the sand then stamped the birds and shells. I sponged the waves and clouds then stamped the boat and birds. The sentiment, in red was last. I added the white dotted tulle ribbon

  The challenge was to stamp a card with something at the pool. I stamped flip flops then decorated them with stamps.

The challenge was to make a slider card. Here is a link to the directions I used.
I used the Animal Outing stamps and dies. I colored and cut out the rhino. I added a sentiment and white dotted tulle ribbon that I colored to match my card stock.

  The challenge was to use a bicycle on our card. I stamped the bicycle in black then sponged my background. I added the sentiment in navy and black.

The challenge was to make a card with coffee as the theme. I used the dies and cut it from animal expedition designer paper. I used a banner die as well. I used white paper and crumb cake papers as well. I made the cup then layered it on a banner and another piece of designer series paper. I added white dotted tulle to the side.


The challenge was to feature yellow on your card. White and black could be added as well. When I saw the challenge I immediately thought of this stamp. I stamped in memento tuxedo black then colored with Copic Markers. I used stitched ovals to cut out the image and a yellow oval behind it. I used the palm leaves embossing folder on the yellow oval and the black background. I added black gingham ribbon using a glue dot.

  Our challenge was to make a gift card holder which had great directions. I used Bermuda Bay paper and a palm tree leaves embossing folder. The image and sentiment were given to me by a friend, so I don't know what stamp sets they are from. I added the image and sentiment with dimensionals the nadded pearls. the white ribbon keeps the card closed.

The challenge was to make a card with your favorite zoo animal. My favorite animal is the otter. I love to watch them play, slide and have fun in the water. I didn't have an otter so I used a beaver instead. I colored the image then layered squares. I added them to the card base then added the white dotted tulle ribbon.

The challenge was to make a card using a one-tank destination near you. I live in Ohio. One of my favorite places to visit is Dearborn, Michigan. I like to see Greenfield Village, and The Henry Ford Museum.
In Greenfield Village, you can ride in old Model-T cars, see Orville and Wilber's Bicycle Shop, ride on a steam train and see Thomas Edison's workshop. So I made a card with old images of vehicles you'd see in Greenfield Village. I used cardstock and daubers to sponge boxes for the images. Then I masked the boxes and stamped the images into them.


I found an old dictionary page with the word, journey, at the top. It seemed perfect for my image. I added antique linen direct to paper and sponged to my dictionary page, my image and sentiment. I ripped my image and the crumb cake behind it then sponged the edges. I added the image and sentiment with dimensionals.

Verse of the Day: Proverbs 29:23
Image result for Proverbs 29:23

Blessing of the Day: I got a lot done since my Stampin' Up order came a day early. Got a nap, Tim cooked dinner and we watched the All Star Game together.  Tim go the walls in the living room and family room sanded and sealed.

Please pray for Ben and Rachel as they are leading youth on a 4 day retreat. May they and their students find change and growth in God.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....