Friday, July 20, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook July 20, 2018


For Today July 20, 2018



Here's where it all began.



Looking out my window-It's dark and after midnight.

I am thinking-that I don't have anything planned for today. I need to find out what types of cards South Carolina Juvenile Justice System need for this month.

I am thankful-that Tim knows how to do so many things. He's removed wallpaper, sanded and is now spackling the walls in the family room. Next the primer will go on then the paint. It's a good thing he loves to do this kind of thing. Since there isn't a time line, he can go at his own pace.



One of my favorite things is zucchini chocolate chip bread. A grandmother in Parma makes these little loaves of bread and sells them at a little store near us. This is a banana walnut bread that I got for Tim. Just put this in the microwave for 15 seconds and they taste like they're right out of the oven! YUM!
I am creating lots of cards to send off to SCJJS.  I am also working on two different afghans. I've begun another block afghan and a ripple afghan.  When I went to put the ripple afghan away in the ottoman, I saw another afghan that I forgot I was working on. ha-ha-ha.  Getting older is interesting to say the least.


I am wearing a sunflower t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

I am reading, To The Moon And Back, by Christian author Karen Kingsbury.
Cover art


I've been watching British Series on PBS. I watched HomefiresImage result for homefires
and I'm now watching Mercy Street.
Image result for mercy street
I am hoping to get more cards done for this month's Cards for a Cause. I worked on some today. I hope to get them mailed out, Monday.

I am learning something new every day. I just love to ask questions or research something.

In my kitchen left-over chili is calling me. I just love chili the second day.


In the school room I am the one learning. I work to research stamping techniques and problem solving. I also like to watch biographies  to learn more about history. It's interesting how things change as we get older. I like to look at history and learn detailed information. As a middle or high school kid, I could have cared less. I'm sure it was the way it was taught. Teachers had to cover so much in a year or semester.

We watched Captain Phillips last night. It was a very stressful movie for me. I thought it was very good.  I don't do well with people getting hurt in movies.
Tim did some research to find that the real Captain Phillips is being sued by his crew over this incident.  Apparently it was recommended that freighters like the one in the movie were supposed to be 600 miles from shore to minimize the chance of pirates boarding ships.

In my garden, a monarch butterfly has been seen landing on the butterfly bushes we have. It's so nice to see them. We usually have yellow and black butterflies but we haven't seen them yet this summer.
Our tomato plant is taller than the 5' high cage it's in. We have to get taller stakes to tie it up to.
We continue to get strawberries from our plants. There's nothing like sweet, homegrown berries.
Image result for monarch butterfly 

A moment from my day: Here is a card I made for a challenge where you needed to include something you'd see when camping. This is a stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas called, Under the Stars.  I'm thinking this greeting could be used with many things.

This is a picture of our first house in Parma, Ohio.  It was brown when we lived in it 18 years ago. I liked the house but with 1.5 bathrooms we quickly grew out of it. It was built in 1928 so we had to add wiring. We also didn't have much closet space so we had to get a wardrobe to put clothes in.
One of the best things about this house was it had an attic that went the length of the house and you could stand up in it!  It was so easy to store things are get things from the attic.
The down side was the stairs to the attic was in the baby's room. Many times when I'd try to get something from the attic and the baby would stir then stand up looking around.  I'd have to hide at the end of the crib and hope they'd go back to sleep. I knew if they saw me, they'd want to get up. LOL
This was the dining room. I loved the built-in cabinets. When we lived here with kids, we had large area rugs so the kids wouldn't slip and slide on the floor and hurt themselves.
The sad thing about this house is, it's depreciated so if you bought this house today you'd lose money when you went to sell it.
The one thing I loved about our kitchen re-do was we added a fold-down counter top.  It was hinged so when we needed more counter space we put it up.  It was a small kitchen but we made it work. The window to the right of the fridge was used to bring in groceries. Tim would hand the bags to me through the window. This was especially helpful when it rained. 
Another thing I like about the house was we had a wall that was pull out drawers for our pantry. It was fantastic to store food and things you didn't use often.  There are many wonderful memories for me in this house. Both of our kids were born when we lived here.
Verse of the Day: 1 John 1:7
Related image

Blessing of the Day: I finished a lot of cards for the Cause of the month. Most of them are baby cards.
I finished a book and can now start on the next one that's been waiting for me.
Tim and I watched the Indian's baseball game. It took 5 hours!!

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Hello! It is so nice to "meet" you. I enjoyed reading your Daybook entry so much. We have several things in common...a love of reading, crocheting, and eating chili on the second day...oh so tasty!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...