Friday, September 28, 2018

A Busy, Busy Week

What a busy, busy week I've had.  Monday I met Ben and Grandpa for breakfast at a restaurant called, The Dolphin.  This is a family owned restaurant which is near where grandpa lives. Ben picks Grandpa up and brings him to the restaurant.  I meet them there. The fun thing is, Grandpa doesn't know when I'm coming, so he's always tickled to see me.


The food is amazing and inexpensive! Grandpa loves that it's inexpensive, the food's good and the coffee is fantastic! What more could you ask for?
Photo of Dolphin Restaurant - Bedford, OH, United States. So much food for the price! Love the sausage!

This week I've been busy making Thanksgiving cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System.
I used a couple, One Sheet Wonders to get different looks for the cards.




This is a card I made for Tuesday's color challenge. Our challenge today was to use shaded spruce, mango melody and grapefruit grove. The dessert option is to use polka dots, stripes or plaid in your card background.
I stamped with the buffalo check background stamp then drew lines with my grapefruit marker. I stamped and colored the image. I added the spruce ribbon and a sentiment.
The stamp was, Darcie's Heart & Home-Woodland Autumn.

This card was made for today's Mixed Media challenge. You have to use at least two different Medium. I used watercolor pencils and champagne mist paint.
I stamped the image and colored it with watercolor pencils, then used a paint brush to paint champagne mist onto the mouse and sentiment. Then I added water to the champagne mist and splatter painted with the ink.

I've stamped at friend's houses Wednesday and Thursday. I will stamp with another friend, tomorrow. Such fun! I've been coloring a lot of images that will soon appear on cards.


I came across this sweet image on FB and just loved it for its image and sentiment. I love the softness of the image.





Verse of the Day: Matthew 7:1


Blessing of the Day: I got to talk to Ben today. He's doing well, and so is Rachel.  Tim continues to work on the house. Today he's adding hardware to cabinets and installing the plumbing in the bathroom.

Thank you for stopping  by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...