Thursday, September 13, 2018

Cards and King

I had fun stamping with a friend today. We made two cards and two large projects. I also got a tour of her stamping area in the basement. I saw how organized she was and how proud she was. I love to see other people's stamping spaces and how they organize things. Some are very organized and others, well, let's just say they don't mind hunting for things that they need.

I enjoy learning things every day.  It doesn't have to be stamping related either.  Tim and I are watching a documentary by Ken Burns on the Dust Bowl. Wow, what people lived through.  I'd never heard of dust pneumonia. People actually died of too much dust in their lungs.

I've also learned that daily challenges in life and in card making keep my brain busy and stimulated.
Here are some cards I've made recently.


Our challenge was to use 4 colors this week: granny apple green, flirty flamingo, daffodil delight, and coastal cabana.
I further challenged myself NOT to do flowers. LOL
I inked up the background sentiment with 3 of the colors then inked the background in coastal cabana. I stamped the sentiment in black. I added a bow of this sweet black glittered ribbon. when I first saw this, I thought it was only for Halloween, but I see so many things it can be used with!
Here's the sketch for this week:
When I saw the sketch I began going through my stamps and found these cuties with birthday stamps. I thought it would be cute to use each at the bottom and continue with the same shape rising to the top of the card.
I stamped and colored the images. Then I added the punched out images with dimensionals. I added ribbon to the designer paper then the sentiment.

This is a Christmas Card I made to see if it was going to be too much die cutting to make multiples.

Here is the inspiration I used for my card. This was for the featured stamper challenge.


I used the same set with the same colors. I changed my card to be vertical not horizontal. I put my flowers and leaves in a frame then added starry night stickles around the image. The leaves were added with dimensionals.
           
This is the first card we made for my class this month.  It is a special fold card from Linda Bauwin. It's a great use for scrap paper that is double-sided.  You cut your paper and fold back to show the other side. It makes a striking card.


This is a gift card holder made by Dawn Griffith. I adapted hers to make a Christmas card.

This card uses two stamps, Bokeh and Dandelion Wishes.

 This card is a wreath card stamped using the Stamparatus.

Verse of the Day: Matthew 5:13-16
Image result for Matthew 5:13

A friend on FB posted this song and it brought back memories for me. I truly enjoyed singing it again as it played. Some songs become emotional for me and this was one of them. Thank you Paige.


Blessing of the day: I got to spend time with a special friend, stamping today. It's always a blessing to be with someone who shares your interests. Thanks Louise.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...