Tuesday, September 11, 2018

We'll Never Forget

On this day 17 years ago, I was teaching at Parma Park Elementary, in Parma Hts. My home and the kid's school were 8 minutes away. I was on a planning period when someone told me to turn on the TV.
The fear I felt was unlike anything I'd ever felt. I was in fear for me, Tim and my kids.  I quickly called Tim and wanted to collect my kids and go home.  Not knowing the extent of the plan to destroy different places in the U.S.

Tim calmed my fears and help me realize that Parma Heights, Ohio wasn't going to be a target.  It was a very difficult day in the classroom. I had special needs children who wouldn't understand what was going on so we had to pretend like nothing had happened.
We sent a note home letting parents know we had said nothing about the event. We left it to them to decide what they wanted their kids to know.

I hugged my family and cried that night. I prayed for all of us here in the U.S.  What shock and horror had happened here on our soil.
I'm sure many here cried and we didn't have someone in the towers. I can't image the horror of having someone in the towers.

Praying that day gave me such a peace. I knew that God walked with me through the whole day and every day since. I don't know what people who don't have a relationship with God, do.





Here is the inspiration for my card.



I used the colors and the coffee concept. I thought this would make a great Christmas gift card for coffee lovers in my life. I embossed the card base, then added the sentiments. Lastl I added the white dotted tulle ribbon.  The embossing folder of coffee cups is from Tim Holtz. I've wondered why no one else has designed one?

My inspiration is in Angie's images, the pumpkins.

I dripped first white then turquoise paint over my black paper.
I waited for it to dry then added the sentiment.
This will go to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System this month.



I found this just when I needed it most. Isn't that the way God works?




Image result for the wonky donkey

I found a video of the book and the song that was made for the book. Ann Tybinko, I can see this book going to a certain grandson this year. It is a hoot!



This had me belly laughing. I hope you enjoy it too. It makes me want to get the book.



Verse of the Day: Psalm 119:111-112
Image result for Psalm 119:111

Blessing of the Day:
Tim got the painting finished in my craft room!  The flooring is at the store. I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's done! I'm so thankful God gave Tim the ability to do so many things.

I had lunch with Sarah today. I drove out to Macedonia, which is near her work. We got to spend some time. She wondered why I had texted and asked if she wanted to 'do lunch'?
I told her because now that she's working full time, I miss seeing her. I don't mind driving 45 minutes each way if it means I can spend some time with her.



Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...