Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Favorite Cards

Here are some of my favorites for this year. It's always hard to pick 2-3 from each month. So, some months have 4. LOL

January 2018
This first card was showing how to showcase designer series paper. This also showed how to color on rubber stamps with markers.

This card was showing how just a watercolor wash could make a great background. 

This is one of my favorite sets, Painted Harvest. This was showing mixing flower colors on a hard. The sentiment is a die cut.

These pandas were very popular during SAB last year. I was showing how to put images in windows and coloring embossed areas on background.

February 2018
This was another coloring on rubber stamps with markers. Just random stamping with masking to add blue flowers and leaves.

 Gerda Steiner has become my favorite artist for CUTE stamps. This set was so much fun to work with. I used a window sheet in the cut out for his tummy. I added beads to the shaker area.

March 2018

This is one of my favorite stamps. I heat embossed with white embossing powder then colored.
 This was for a challenge to show layers without adding layers of paper. I stamped the cactus then fussy cut it out. Crazy I know.



April 2018
This card was the result of using metallic foil and a laminator. I stamped and colored the lizard then fussy-cut it. Then I dry embossed it to make it look bumpy like a lizard skin.

This was to show full strength stamping and second-generation stamping. This was also showing coloring with markers on red rubber stamps.

This is one of my favorite dog sets from Tim Holtz. The background is using painters tape on ink pads then pressing the tape to the cardstock. I think it made for a 'rough' background.

May 2018
This card was made to demonstrate sponging for a background and how you can add stamps together for a card. The ant originally was carrying a plant. I cut out the watermelon and added it on top of the plant.

This card was made to demonstrate how photos can also be used on card fronts. I layered clear embossing powder on the flowers then put this in the freezer. After 10 minutes or so I took it out and twisted and bent the flowers and you see that the flowers now look like they are behind cracked glass. This is called, The Cracked Glass Technique.

June 2018
I saw this technique with washy tape. I used my SU silver and gold washy tape. I put it on my cardstock, then dry embossed the card front.

This set makes gorgeous flowers now matter what colors you use. This is a Distinktive stamp with various shadings.





July 2018
Sometimes it's fun to do paper folding on a card. That's what I did with this card. I added a lace doily behind it and ribbon.

This is a stamp a friend had. I brought it home and used a small flower and leaf set to decorate it. Then I colored the top of the flip flop and added clear wink of stella.



August 2018
This is one of my favorite techniques. You stamp your images on black cardstock with white ink. You color the image using colored pencils. then you add white gel pen dots to outline the images. It makes for a bold and beautiful look.

This card was for a challenge to make an underwater scene with a piece of scrap paper that you'd been stamping on. You can see my lined paper and blue dots from my sponge daubers. I added the brown dots and bottom. The I drew the plants with the side of  my ink pad.

This is a favorite because it's my first nail polish marbling technique. I created a paper then cut it with a heart die.

This was to show my ladies in class that you can combine different Stampin' Up sets together.  It mixed a sponged sky with a stamped card front.
Did you know that if I cut this chair out with fun foam I can put adhesive on it and use it as a stamp?

This is one of my favorite beach stamp sets. It's not SU. I love the fence and the beach. This was to demonstrate sponging, using markers and giving color to dry embossing by drawing an ink pad over it.

September 2018
This was a quick card made with Painted Harvest and purples. The beauty comes from the laser-cut designer paper I placed over the card. It transformed it to gorgeous!

 Another first for cards was to use acrylic paint. I thinned the paint then used a brush to add it to the cardstock then tip it to get it to run.




 October 2018
Cactus stamps have become a favorite for me. I combined two sets here to make this card. then I dry embossed cacti to the background.

Many of the ladies I teach don't use ribbon or accessories on their cards. I showed them how to insert an image in a frame then add a ribbon with glue dots.

November 2018
This is a stamp set from Michaels. Once colored I added white liquid applique. Then I heated it with my heat tool and it puffs up. It adds great texture to cards.


This card was made to show my class how sponging the edges of images or sentiments adds to your card. I showed them how to color pearls with alcohol markers.

December 2018
I loved this candy/gift card holder. I made several for my kids. I was happy to be able to get gift card holders made this year. The kids really liked them. I did too. It was better than gift cards in envelopes.


This card was way out of my comfort zone. I had to create a background using different media. So I stenciled the background, stamped the background with oxide inks, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I spritzed with water to get the ink to bled a bit. Then I colored these cutie pies using the colors I used in the background. I used liquid pearls for the snow around the snowmen.


Verse of the Day: Proverbs 2:1-5
Image result for Proverbs 2:1-5

I lost a dear friend on December 19th. I was feeling so sad and the Lord brought this song to me. It reminded me God is with me each step of the way. Give it a listen, it will really encourage you.
It is Somewhere in Your Silent Night, by Casting Crowns.


Blessing of the Day: This is the last day of 2018. I am so thankful for all God's done for me and kept from me. God doesn't give me what I deserve, but what He wants me to have.
Praying your new year is amazing.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...