Thursday, December 13, 2018

Happy Birthday To Me


Today my twin Ann and I celebrate our birthday. I was born first, then Ann was born.  Since I was born first, my name was Susan. She was born second, so she was called, Ann.
Back in the day, there were no ultra sounds or ways to look at babies inside their moms. My mom had a dream she was having twins. Her doctor said he only heard one baby. Mom's best friend worked in labor and delivery. When moms had babies back then, they put them out like a regular surgery. When mom awoke her friend brought in two babies. My mom told her to take the other baby back to her mom. It took a minute but her friend convinced her they were both hers.  The one baby was to be called, Suzanne. When they had two babies, they broke the name in 2. Pretty smart, I think.

My twin has a tradition where she calls me and sings, Happy Birthday to me. We both sing to each other then talk for a while. It's been a wonderful tradition. I love it.
This morning we did that about 9 a.m. my time. She lives in Milwaukee and is an hour behind us.

Tim and I went to Olive Garden. I had such a taste for lasagna. I don't make it anymore so it was a nice treat.

The kids will come over later to help celebrate. Ben and Rachel got a call to house two foster children. There are two sisters; one is 3 the other is 7. I can't wait to meet them.


This is a card my ladies made for class today. They learned how to make a negative mask and use a brayer to add color.

Here is the second card made at my class. I combined two stamp sets. The first is High Tide and the other is Colorful Seasons.  We added clear Wink of Stella to the bulbs also.

This third card is a thank you card. I used Wishing You Well for the wreath and bow. The embossing folder, swirls and curls was used as well.

I stamped the stems first then the flowers. I stamped the sentiment, cut a banner, then added Highland Heather paper behind the sentiment. This is a new set called, Lasting Lily. It will be available January 3rd, as a gift for a $50 purchase for Sale-a-bration.

I love using these owls from Gerda Steiner Stamps. A friend had tiny stamps that I thought would look cute on this owl. I colored and cut out mittens and a coffee cup. I added the dotted paper and added dots to my background for the owl. I love the new stamps in this, Part of my Story cling stamp set. It is part of the Sale-a-bration sale which begins Jan. 3rd.

Here is the video from Paper Pixie's website to make this candy and gift card box.
It uses Hershey Nugget candies.

This was a good reminder this morning.

Verse of the Day:Proverbs 16:25
Image result for Proverbs 16:25
This is a beautiful song to let you know God is always there for you.


Blessing of the Day: Meeting Ben and Rachel's new foster kids. Celebrating the Day I was born only through God's grace, mercy and love.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...