Friday, December 7, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for December 7, 2018


The Simple Woman's Daybook for December 7, 2018


For Today, December 7, 2018
This is where it all began



Looking out my window, it's a beautiful, sunny day. We haven't had sun in days and days, so this is an amazing, wonderful sight!
Image result for sunny day images with snow

I am thinking that I am married to the most wonderful Christian man.

I am thankful that my kids are all in the area so we can visit often.

One of my favorite things is wrapping Christmas presents to Christmas music with the excitement of the recipient opening it.

I am creating a huge granny square afghan and a ripple afghan.  The ripple afghan is being made with the small amounts of yarn left over from other projects.

I am wearing P.J.'s. I love P.J. days!

I am reading another Amish novel. I love the simple life described in these. I'm not sure I could live like this, but sometimes the simplicity is refreshing.

I am listening to Christmas music by The Piano Guys called, Family Christmas.


I am hoping to get some work around the house finished. Tim is working on the crown molding in the kitchen.

Tim also thinks of the true details of a project. Look at the tile that will be in the center of the tile above the stove. I love sunflowers and we both love watching the Goldfinches at the feeder all year long.


I am learning that God does so much for me, for us, that we're not even aware of.

In my kitchen the smell of crockpot chili fills the air. Tim loves it with pasta. I prefer it with a little cheese. I really like it the next day when it's thicker and more tasty.Image result for crockpot chili


In the school room, Tim continues to learn how to do things to remodel our house via You Tube. He didn't know how to do Compound Molding Cuts, until he watched many videos. It's truly amazing what you can learn out there.



In my garden the plants have been cut down and they are covered with snow. It seems to be early for us to have snow that stays on the ground.

 Our neighbors put a great lighting system in their backyard. Who would have thought that Christmas lights on the above-ground pool would look so great! The lights on the shed change colors and move. Tim says he wants to put lights on our pool next year. Who would have thought? He puts the lights up for me because he knows I love lights.



Shared Quote
  Image result for Ephesians 5:1-2


A moment from my day-I have been working on lots of Christmas cards to send to family and friends. Hopefully I am finished. I've made over 200 cards to donate and use myself.




This is a poinsettia I made from a kit a friend gave me. She had the flower paper cut and ready. I added the greenery. This is an electric tea light. I put silver washi tape around the base to cover the white plastic.


Closing Notes-Tomorrow Tim and I will go to breakfast with his Dad, and Ben and Rachel.  Then all of us but Tim will go to our church to see the play, "It's A Wonderful Life." 
One of the outreaches of the church is 82nd Street Theater. The idea is to bring kids to church to be in the plays and minister to them while they are there.



My son, who is the Youth Pastor is the stage manager so he interacts with all of the kids in the plays. He has a great vision for this church. He sees the importance of cultivating a youth group, who will need a college age group, then a young marrieds group, which will increase the kid's groups. He has truly been blessed to serve with youth.

After the play, Sarah will meet me here and we'll go to Maria Gardens to purchase sprayed poinsettias. It's something we've done together in the past that Sarah sees as a tradition. So tomorrow is the day we'll go.
The plants are sprayed with a special dye that won't hurt the plants. Then if you like, glitter is applied.
 Image result for painted poinsettias

Then we'll go to get something to eat. One of our favorite places is called, Pizza Fire. One of our favorite pizzas is chicken instead of pepperoni or sausage. It's better for me to eat.
Image result for pizza fire

Blessing of the Day: God continues to amaze me with the people he's put around me. People that minister to me, and people I can minister to. To feel the joy of ministering to others is incredible. We each have the ability to do this. We just have to step out to make a difference in other's lives and shine the light of Christ, for His glory. Through your actions you show the love of Christ to others who may not know Him. They may begin to wonder why you are the way you are......different from most.
Bring joy to yourself and those around you by reaching out to others. You will be ministered to as well. It's a WIN-WIN for everyone!

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...