Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 30, 2018




The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 30, 2018



This is where it all began.



Looking out my window it is a mild fall day. All of us got outside to the back porch. The birds were chowing down on the thistle in the feeder. There was standing room only for a while.


Chloe decided she'd had enough bird and chipmunk watching, so she jumped up to my legs to plop down. Phoebe was in my lap that's why Chloe chose this spot.  Phoebe soon abandoned my lap for Tim's. Chloe is an irritation to Phoebe many times. Phoebe works hard to find places to hide from Chloe just for peace and quiet! LOL
 Our Butterfly Bush continues to bloom. Tim cut it back part-way through the summer and it's rewarded us greatly for that.


I am thinking that these rainy, gloomy days aren't good for me. They make me want to sleep to pass the time.

I am thankful that Tim's once again working on our house. Today he began patching and sanding the small bathroom.  Of course that means I have to use the upstairs bathrooms. I didn't realize how often I use the bathroom! Well, I got my steps in today with all the up and down.

One of my favorite things is finishing a book. Now I can pick the next book to read. I have so many books here that people have given to me or I have picked up that I don't need to use the library for a while.
I finally finished, The Cast by Danielle Steel. I have renewed it many times from the library.
The Cast

I am creating another rectangle afghan where I made the rectangles and crochet them together. I finished the ripple afghan.


I am wearing long sleeves, jeans, shoes and socks.  

I am listening to quiet piano music. I sometimes just need calming music in the evening.

I am hoping to get some cards made tonight.


I am learning that I can advise my kids, then I must let them make their own decisions. 

In my kitchen it is dark. We went to Panera Bread tonight for dinner. It has a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

In the school room I continue to learn from YouTube videos from card making stampers.
I am also learning some amazing facts about baseball from a series on PBS by Ken Burns.
Babe Ruth was an excellent hitter and pitcher. He had a wife and child who lived a private life in the country away from all of the crowds and press. Babe grew up in a reformatory because his parents couldn't handle him. A priest there taught Babe how to bat. 

Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns

In my garden there are still strawberry plants flowering, but not for long I fear.

A moment from my day: 

I stamped the bottom cat, then covered her with a mask and stamped her sister on top. I colored the top cat with pink and the bottom cat in calypso coral. Then I used the blender pen to mottle her fur. Then I added the bow. I added googly eyes to the top cat. Then I dry embossed with paw prints by Nicole.
I don't know if it's a bad hair day or the fact she has a bow in her hair, but the bottom cat sure isn't happy!


This was for the sketch challenge last week.  Here's another cute cat duo. Today I added a little bird and a heart. I colored the images with Copic Markers Then added the bird with dimensionals. I added the dsp then the heart and image.


This is for a double challenge. Free 4 All challenge was to make a Halloween or Fall card. The Mix challenge was to make a royal garden using your favorite colors and/or flowers.
I chose turquoise and brown with a touch of pink as my favorite colors to use. I stamped in blueberry for the watering can. Then I watercolored with the zig brush and water. I covered that with copic grays. I added champagne shimmer mist with a brush to the pitcher and image. I used stampin' write markers to trace the cotton. I colored the cotton with my snow marker then heated it. The leaves were colored with granny apple green marker. The flower is colored with a watercolor pencil colored with a blender pen.
I added dimensionals to the back of the pitcher. I placed the burlap ribbon behind the pitcher with glue dots.
The background was inked on the embossing folder. Then the embossing folder was put through the big shot.

Here is my inspiration for my card: 
I changed the animal, the shape cut out and the colors. I stamped and colored the kitten. I cut out the top part then dry embossed the frame with holly. I attached the kitten to the back of the frame. I added foam tape to raise the frame and kitten up. I added a bow in the corner with glue dots. I stamped the buffalo check background stamp then drew green lines with SU stampin' write marker. I added the background to the frame, then mounted it all on a white card stock base.


Here's my inspiration for my card:
Aflutter Quilt #1
I colored the dark colors on the back of the vellum and the light ones on the front. I added clear wink of stella to the flowers, leaves and butterflies. I attached the vellum to white card stock with vellum tape. I dry embossed the background then added the panel to the card base.


 Can you say, root bound?!  Tim helped me transplant this to a larger pot. I guess this Spider plant really liked being outside all summer.

Verse of the Day:Matthew 9:13
Image result for Matthew 9:13


Closing Notes
 Having a purpose in life is what it's all about. We need to find what gifts God has given us, then shine God's light onto this earth using that gift. Our purpose is to praise God and share him with others. 
We need to be willing to step out in faith and do what God asks us to do. Even if we don't understand it, we need to do what He asks. He has our best interest in mind.

 
Blessing of the Day:  Tim and I went to dinner. Tim also got work done in the small bathroom.

Thank you for stopping by. Sure would love to hear from you.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...