Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 21, 2018


For Today, Sunday, October 21, 2018



Looking out my window it's a cold and cloudy day. It demands jeans, long sleeves, shoes and socks! The pool sits covered for another winter which makes me sad. I like fall, but not winter, snow and cold.

I am thinking that we had a wonderful lunch today with 3 of our 4 kids. We all went to church together and came here for lunch. I love when family is together. We have such a good time.

I am thankful that Tim can help the kids with things they can't do. Friday he was helping Ben finish making a gate so his dogs can run in the backyard without supervision.
Today he's helping Sarah move some furniture to her new apartment.  This week he'll help Brianna with her house.

One of my favorite things is a hot cup of coffee or cider(this time of year) with a cozy, warm afghan over me so I can read or watch tv.

I am creating a ripple afghan which will be donated to A.C.Moore for World Vision to send to Africa.
I just finished Veterans Day cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System and cards for September and October Cards for a Cause.  It feels great to use my talents to share God's love in card making. 

I am wearing long sleeves, jeans, shoes and socks. Yuck, I want my flip flops back!

I am listening to 80's music and singing along feeling so free! Those were carefree days for me.

I am hoping to get some time with Tim tonight. He may be exhausted from helping Sarah move.

I am learning that my kids can teach me things.

In my kitchen it smells of garlic! We've shared a family lunch with 3 of the 4 kids. The sound of family, laughing and talking brings me such joy! Being a Mom is the BEST and HARDEST job I've ever had. I love it!

In the school room I listened to my son give this morning's sermon and have some soul searching and talking to God to do.


In my garden there are still strawberry plants flowering, but not for long I fear.

A moment from my day:(This is a proud Mom moment)
 This is my son, Benjamin preaching the message this morning at church. This is the first time he's preached here at our church. Someone asked if he was nervous. He said, "No, this is a piece of cake compared to preaching in Africa with an interpreter and 300 people listening to me." 
I had tears many times during the sermon thinking that God enabled us to raise such a son to serve Him. I am so proud of Ben and Rachel and the missionary couple they have become.


Closing Notes
I have been busy making cards to be donated.
This card was for today's challenge. Susan's gallery was chosen this week. Here is my inspiration from her gallery.
Here is my card.
Here's the inspiration from yesterday's Inspiration challenge.

Here's my card. this is an older Our Daily Bread Designs stamp called, Fall Wreath.
This is one of the cards I made for stamping with a friend. She loved it!


 This was for Thursday's challenge where we were to use string in a technique or on our cards. I used the Spirelli technique found here.


I tried using several different types of string. I used linen thread, thick baker's twine thinned out and gold thread.  This is really an easy technique to do. I had lots of fun with it.

Here are my two Christmas Cacti. They are both full of buds and will begin to  bloom within the week I think. They've sat in the screened in porch all summer and love the south facing areas to grow and sun themselves.


Tim got the curtain rods and curtains up. He also put up the plant stand he ordered for me. We got our tables put together with the lamps. It's beginning to feel like home again!

I had to get a picture of this yellow apple. It has been hanging on our crab apple tree for a month now. The rest of the apples are tiny crab apples. Out of nowhere this one showed up. When Tim first saw it, he thought someone taped it to the tree as a joke! Not so, it's real and a true mystery what it's doing on our tree! LOL



Verse of the Day: 2 Corinthians 5:17

Image result for 2 Corinthians 5:17
Today we learned that it's by God's grace that we were enabled to be new creations in Christ. It's all about God not US.  Today we were challenged to ask God to examine our heart and see where we need to let go and let God. 
It's easy to pray to God and thank Him for things or ask for prayer for other things. It's very difficult for us to ask God to tell us what needs to change, what we are holding onto that needs to go. I'm praying that when I pray this prayer that I will do what God instructs me to do without conflict.

This is a teaching video from Tenth Avenue North about their new song, Afraid. Fear is something that we all live with. We can begin to sing and pray fear away!






Blessing of the Day: Ben preached and challenged us this morning. Most of the kids came to lunch. Tim helped Sarah move some furniture.

Thank you for stopping by. Sure would love to hear from you.
Blessings,


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...