Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday October 14, 2018


For Today, Sunday October 14, 2018

This is where it all began.



Looking out my window, it's a beautiful, sunny day. It's the perfect day to be outside. Sarah and I went to lunch, then to Royalton Farms. It's a fabulous apple house that Sarah's good friend, Abby's parents own. Sarah's like one of their own kids since she spent so much time there during high school.
This place has the only cider press in our county. Their cider is the best in the area. The others taste like apple juice compared to Royalton Farms cider.Image result for royalton farms cider
They sell different butters also. Today I tried, Apple butter, Pumpkin butter, pear butter and cherry butter. I didn't care for the pumpkin butter but LOVED the pear butter. Have you ever tried pear butter? Yum   


Royalton Farms

As you enter the front of the store, you see Mums, pumpkins, gourds and lots of bags of apples.
Royalton Farms
 You will also see at the back, the two sweetest dogs. Charlotte is an Australian Shepherd and Koda is a Newfoundland, as gentle as ever. The orchard has 1100 apple trees. There are many varieties.
With cider in hand we happily went on our way back home to sample it!

Royalton Farms
I am thinking that tomorrow the curtains will go up in the downstairs. I can't wait to see how they look in each room.

I am thankful for Tim's ability to lead our Christian family in God's ways.

I am anxious about tomorrow and Tim's talk with B.

One of my favorite things making things for my classes each month.

This is the box we made at my class last Monday and Friday. The box was very easy to make.

This is the Christmas Card we made. We saw that you could quickly and easily color the white ribbon to match the colors in our card.

 This is the second card we made. It is from the stamp set, Country Lane. The white cotton was made with white liquid applique applied to the card, then heated with a heat tool.


The third card we saw how cutting the background piece we got an interesting card with more background color showing. We also did direct stamping and stamping off one time.

 I am creating more cards with Chloe looking on from her basket on my desk. LOL
  She fits perfectly in this basket. I have it on my desk to get things I've used, out of the way. I put them in the basket then put them away after I'm finished. It helps to keep my desk area uncluttered. It's easier for me to work in an uncluttered space.  Chloe, you are just the sweetest kitty!



This is one of the cards we'll make next month at my class. I just got this stamp set. I love the bow and how real it looks.

I am wearing jeans, long sleeves and shoes. I really dislike wearing shoes.

I am listening to music from the 80's. I just heard Christopher Cross singing, I'll Never Be The Same. Good times listening to music I grew up listening to.

I am hoping this little violet and the others I have continue to bloom throughout the year.  The love the South-East window they're in.

In my kitchen I am rooting around to find something I want to eat. Nothing seems good right now except a peanut buster parfait from DQ!

Shared Quote- I don't know about you, but for me some of my best therapies are with friends. I have friends that I see a couple of times a year and we pick up like we saw each other just yesterday. 

A moment from my day-Card making galore!
Isn't this just the cutest bulldog you've ever seen? I saw this done online and just had to make one too. The image is made by Gerda Steiner. She has the sweetest and cutest animal stamps I have found.

 For today's featured stamper, I chose this card from Angel's gallery.

 Here's what I did with her card as a stepping off point. 
  
Here is my inspiration for my card.
Watercolour cacti & succulents by Vicky Webb

Here is the card I made Saturday for the inspiration challenge.



Here is the card I made for a lady who broke her leg and is on crutches. She loves funny cards, dogs, flowers and the color purple. On the inside is a cupcake and this sentiment.  If you're feeling blue, just paint yourself another color!


This is the thank you card for customers this month.




Verse of the Day: Luke 12:2-3 You know that reading this reassures me that all the things regarding my Mom and her care will all come out some day. Mom might not know, but God knows and will judge those who have deceived and hidden secrets from Mom.
Image result for Luke 12:2-3


Here is a 'feel good' song by Jordan Feliz.


Blessing of the Day:I got to spend time with Sarah and help her talk through her next step in her life. Tim's in need of prayer for his conversation tomorrow evening. I am praying that God will work this out for all involved in a Godly way with no relationship issues.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,


2 comments:

allisamazing said...

I love the cards!

Amy said...

The cards are all so cute! I miss making cards. I used to all the time.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...