Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I'm still Here After All This Time


I thought I'd begin with a little humor I saw in the stamping world.




I got 130 Christmas cards off to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System and 10 off to a Texas Hospital Fundraiser. Now I can concentrate on my personal Christmas cards. I'm so glad I had my Stamparatus from Stampin' Up. When you make multiple cards, it's quicker to use a stamp positioning tool like this. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken to make cards without this.

This is one of the House Mouse stamps I used for Christmas cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System and my private stash. He's so cute! This was also made for a challenge on Splitcoast where we were to use pearls.  I stamped in memento rich cocoa then colored with Copic Markers. I cut the circles out then dry embossed the green paper. I stamped the sentiment and added it and the image with dimensionals.

 Here's another Christmas card I made for my personal stash. I also sent a few to Splitcoaststampers Cards for a Cause this month. They needed Christmas cards to auction off to earn money for a Texas hospital.

This is my inspiration for my card.  

I used the same stamp set and sponged the top layers. I changed the embossing folder, greeting and changed the orientation from vertical to horizontal.
I stamped the image then sponged it with a dauber and added rhinestones. I dry embossed the heather layer then stamped and punched out the sentiment.
The sentiment and image were added with dimensionals.

This is the front of a card I made for Cole, who is a 3 year old with brittle bone disease who broke his leg and is in a full-leg cast. His grandma asked for cards for him so she and he would have a fun time opening cards to help him get through this long time of not being mobile. I made a peek-a-boo card. 

This is the inside of the card. He has a sheet of magnet behind the card base. The images all have magnets on them. Cole can move them and place them wherever he wants time after time. I hope he enjoys this. It reminded me of Colorforms.
Do you remember playing with Colorforms? You took vinyl pieces and placed them on a background. I loved these things. We played for hours with these.
Colorforms Create-a-Story Miss Weather Re-Stickable Playset
I saw Mom Sunday and she seemed pretty good. I came at lunchtime and brought my own lunch. I also brought two chocolate chip cookies from Panera Bread, which is on the way to Mom's. When she was finished with her lunch I put the cookie on her tray. She loved it! 
I broke off part of my cookie and gave it to the lady who was sitting with Mom. She was delighted to share in our cookie time.
 I took the rest of my cookie and placed it on Mom's tray and she finished that one too. I've learned not to say anything about the cookie or she'll refuse it.  So I place it on her tray and she eats it like it came with her lunch! LOL Love these times with Mom.

Mom turned 86 the day I visited. I told her it was her birthday. She says she doesn't need anymore birthdays! She put her fingers in her ears and said, "la-la-la-la-la, I can't hear you!" She still has her great sense of humor after all she's gone through. Love you mom.

Verse of the Day:Plain and Simple, You can't take it with you. We lay up our gifts in heaven not here on earth. Knowing Jesus enables us to do just that.
Image result for Ecclesiastes 5:15

Here's a song called, Never Let You Down by Hawk Nelson. Give it a listen and see what you think.


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...