Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Cats, Cards, Kids and Kitchen

Lots has gone on since I last posted. I went on a ladies retreat from my church. It was a wonderful time of praise, prayer, learning and deepening relationships.  It was amazing to have 18 women  take time away from their family to grow closer to God and each other. 
I got to room with my daughter-in-law Rachel, which made it all the more special for both of us.

This is a picture of my supervisor, Chloe. It seems she knows just when I need to get things done and helps me by snuggling in for a nap.  She's so sweet. Some times I let her nap and other times I have to move her.


I've been working on Christmas cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. They nee 122. I'm so happy to help. These cards were made using two-sided designer series paper. then I added a sentiment and leaves in copper. I love how they came out. The background is dry embossed the Tin Tile embossing folder.


This is one of the cards we made at this month's class. It was designed by Lee Ann Greff.
 This used the Tufted embossing folder.

Here's the next card from class. The pie crust is made using soft suede paper and the Basket Weave embossing folder. It also features the Buffalo Check background stamp.
 The 3-D project we did was this mini notecard/envelope holder with a decorated pen and a covered post-it note.

 This is a card for a good friend who's been feeling a bit down lately. I hope she gets a laugh from this. The sentiment is computer generated.

This is the inside of the card. I just received this stamp set recently and had to use it. Isn't she just a hoot?

I've been busy with family fun. Sarah and I went to North Royalton High School's Craft Fair. This is a long standing fair that is always crowded. Last year it was raining all day. Even in spite of that  I couldn't find a parking spot after a half-hour, so I left.
This year I asked Tim to drop us off. We shopped then had him pick us up when we were done.
I had a great time with Sarah.
We were supposed to get pizza at Pizza Fire in Broadview Hts., but we both had headaches.


Check out this Community Day that Stampin' Up had this year.  Each year there is one day when all Stampin' Up employees give back to the community in some way. Love this company.

Can you imagine never having had your own bed?  We take so much for grated here in the U.S.




Verse of the Day: This verse is always something that smacks me in the forehead. I am guilty of doing things that keep me busy.  I'm praying again that this verse will help to renew my committment to focusing on God and what HE has for me to do each day.


Blessing of the Day: Tim has finished putting up the fans, handles and hardware on cabinets and installing the microwave in the kitchen! He's so amazing at all he takes on. I'm so thankful for his commitment to updating our home.

Thank you for stopping by. I'll try not to be such a stranger and post more often.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...